PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM 5-24-10 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121450)

captblaze 05-18-2010 10:50 AM

Re: JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759553)
Then what right click on it all alone w/o the other files that normally comes with it.

right click and rename the .nbh file and then drop it in whatever folder you have the tools to flash via usb

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:18 AM

just a key note since this is a more finger friendly Windows Mobile some of the UI code has changed so some apps may not position themselves correctly also this is a beta version of Windows Mobile 6.5.5 so there may be bugs I uploaded this as a test, right now I'm moving on to working on a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM which is not beta software so if you find bugs that are reasonable post them and I'll try to find a fix

captblaze 05-18-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759604)
just a key note since this is a more finger friendly Windows Mobile some of the UI code has changed so some apps may not position themselves correctly also this is a beta version of Windows Mobile 6.5.5 so there may be bugs I uploaded this as a test, right now I'm moving on to working on a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM which is not beta software so if you find bugs that are reasonable post them and I'll try to find a fix

add/remove programs has an issue where the background doesnt render sometimes when accessing it. it has been an issue with 6.5.X builds. if you close out and reopen it works. also if you open other cpl items first it works

eliseexige 05-18-2010 11:50 AM

Solid ROM so far. Where are the "OK" and "Start" buttons? LOL maybe that's not included in 6.5.5. I am not entirely up to speed on versions. :)

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliseexige (Post 1759681)
Solid ROM so far. Where are the "OK" and "Start" buttons? LOL maybe that's not included in 6.5.5. I am not entirely up to speed on versions. :)

use your hardware keys the "back" button is ok and the "Windows" key is start

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759646)
add/remove programs has an issue where the background doesnt render sometimes when accessing it. it has been an issue with 6.5.X builds. if you close out and reopen it works. also if you open other cpl items first it works

lol I thought I broke that ... ok will have to add this as a tip

eliseexige 05-18-2010 12:08 PM

LOL I know that...just wasn't sure if they would be on the touchpad or not. Thanks.

info[]box1 05-18-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759646)

I also noticed this in all 65x ROMs... Never noticed the back out and go back in fix...thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759691)
use your hardware keys the "back" button is ok and the "Windows" key is start

I think that is a Brilliant change to things... re: no back soft-button & no start soft-button... Simply Brilliant...!!!

Question:: Any Reg edits or cab to change softkeys on home screen example; Change camera softkey to the lock softkey....?

Feedback:: Everything is running great, nothing outside of the normal 65x buggs.

thx

jakdillard 05-18-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759741)
I also noticed this in all 65x ROMs... Never noticed the back out and go back in fix...thx

I think that is a Brilliant change to things... re: no back soft-button & no start soft-button... Simply Brilliant...!!!

Question:: Any Reg edits or cab to change softkeys on home screen example; Change camera softkey to the lock softkey....?

Feedback:: Everything is running great, nothing outside of the normal 65x buggs.

thx

the only softkey on the home screen that can be changed is the left key ... what is it that you want it to do .....

info[]box1 05-18-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759779)
the only softkey on the home screen that can be changed is the left key ... what is it that you want it to do .....

The only thing I can think of is "Lock"... Based on a fact of me, I dont use the camera that often...idk