PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM 5-24-10 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121450)

darren.wlsn1 05-21-2010 10:25 AM

Re: JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1765607)
HERE is the newer fixed ROM based off of the 23121 build .... it has bold fonts in the dialer and on screen keyboard but is in the mainstream builds from msft so less bugs hopefully I may visit 6.5.5 again but I want to wait until msft release a SDK for it

thanx jd, ill give this a go.

info[]box1 05-21-2010 11:18 AM

Downloading now... sendspace is kicking my butt right now... slow dl speed this morning... I'll report shortly thanks hit...:mrgreen:

bkimbler 05-21-2010 11:43 AM

Thanks for the udpated ROM JD! Any chance of cooking a version with Cookie Home Tab built in? I know alot of people use it and apparently it works better when cooked in. Thanks!

captblaze 05-21-2010 12:48 PM

been testing out the new rom for a bit and the memory management issue is there. at boot i am 95mb free. after 2 calls and a few cab installs i am at 75mb free with no tasks running. soft reset brings it back to 95mb free

YnYng 05-21-2010 02:13 PM

whats the issue with memory management anyway? If its got 75 mb free, what does this mean? Programs will open up slower? Just curious, i dont know whats the whole dealio with the memory management

bjhill2112 05-21-2010 02:19 PM

Having strange issues with resetting. On the latest (6.5.3) I lost the phone app. Hitting the call button or trying to launch the phone from the start menu did nothing and the signal icon in the taskbar was missing. I reset the phone (with the reset button) and it HARD RESET. The 6.5.5 one from the other day did similar HARD resets.

jakdillard 05-21-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhill2112 (Post 1766141)
Having strange issues with resetting. On the latest (6.5.3) I lost the phone app. Hitting the call button or trying to launch the phone from the start menu did nothing and the signal icon in the taskbar was missing. I reset the phone (with the reset button) and it HARD RESET. The 6.5.5 one from the other day did similar HARD resets.

odd but at the moment we are all on the same rom ... most of the time when i put out a rom i continue to develop until the next rom but since this is my first 653 rom sint the touch pro we are using the same thing i had ran this since it was created and have not had a hard reset issue this mainly happens as a result of an app that borks your registry what do you have installed

YnYng 05-21-2010 03:18 PM

When you try dialing a contact by typing the name out, it will not show up in the call history as calling them. This is a recent problem i have noticed in the 231XX series, Icey found a fix for it, maybe talk to him about it, but Tmartin's rom also has this same problem.

Riley 05-21-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1765958)
been testing out the new rom for a bit and the memory management issue is there. at boot i am 95mb free. after 2 calls and a few cab installs i am at 75mb free with no tasks running. soft reset brings it back to 95mb free

this seems normal to me. I have installed the latest rom as well. Pretty much any rom with sense 2.5 is going to be hovering in the 65 -75 mb range. If you start using certain processes and apps, it takes up memory. today I used the camera a good bit and reviewed the pics in htc album. Now that puppy uses alot of resources. Right now I'm sitting at 78mb with nothing open. recently sent a few emails though. Before doing that it was over 82mb. Still very responsive though. Video playback in certain formats can suffer if memory dips below 60mb but I usually switch to titanium when doing this, wait there's no titanium!! oh well :)

jakdillard 05-21-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1766259)
this seems normal to me. I have installed the latest rom as well. Pretty much any rom with sense 2.5 is going to be hovering in the 65 -75 mb range. If you start using certain processes and apps, it takes up memory. today I used the camera a good bit and reviewed the pics in htc album. Now that puppy uses alot of resources. Right now I'm sitting at 78mb with nothing open. recently sent a few emails though. Before doing that it was over 82mb. Still very responsive though. Video playback in certain formats can suffer if memory dips below 60mb but I usually switch to titanium when doing this, wait there's no titanium!! oh well :)

titanium is there i just hid it since i never use it i will post a cab for you when i get home to enable it ....