PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   |ROM||KITCHEN|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||10-2-11|[Sprint] [Multi-Carrier] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116975)

ShadowDrake 04-08-2010 01:09 PM

Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadpoizon
Glad you guys like the ROM. Here is where I saw the cabs for the individual TV and Navigation tabs. Let me know if they work for anyone. If they don't, I'll make my own. :D
I'll look into 6.5.x builds. I haven't worked with them much, so it might take a little while to test and see how they work but I'll check them out. I don't use them myself, so I need to know who supports it. Thank this post if you want 6.5.x builds for this ROM!

23551 is pretty popular because it's stable... I have had great luck with 28232 too.

My last ROM was 23542 and I didn't have any issues with that either. Just some food for thought :)

leadpoizon 04-09-2010 01:24 AM

Re: |ROM|6.5||4-5-10|| LEAD ROM [Sprint Version]

I worked on the TV and Navigation tabs... Well, there are just too many files with the core and tabs themselves, so i'm thinking this: I will release an update soon and include the tabs in it (They don't take up much space, surprisingly.) They will be disabled from the get-go, and I will release Sprint TV and Navigation cabs that will enable each tab respectively. I hope that sounds cool to everyone. Give me some time though, exams and other school work is kicking my butt right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1687965)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

23551 is pretty popular because it's stable... I have had great luck with 28232 too.

My last ROM was 23542 and I didn't have any issues with that either. Just some food for thought :)

Thanks for the tip, I've been playing around with the 28232, and I kinda like it. I see a lot that needs fixes and incompatibilities with some software. I'm a stickler for perfection in my roms, so this may take a while. Having final exams coming up does not help, haha

ShadowDrake 04-09-2010 11:17 AM

Well the 235xx builds are good to use as 6.5.x too. I thought 28xxx would have been the best but I was mistaken when I tried one of the lower builds. I forgot which build tree is what com and which company it was designed for... that info is all around, but try out one of the later 235xx builds - it may be a bit less bug-prone.

Also, I seem to have the only TP2 that'll crash and lock up if even anything minor is wrong, I'd give your ROM a trial run if you want to let me have at it :P (come on here, plain 6.5 is killing me haha)

tamayocp 04-10-2010 09:16 AM

Hello... I'm kind of new on this, and really appreciate all your hard work!!! I've tried severals roms... with no luck but your rom is great!!!! =D> I just have a little inconvenient... when i'm on facebook and i want to go to a you tube link it freezes up or sometimes it crashes :( Do you know what is cousing this???

thank you

leadpoizon 04-10-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamayocp (Post 1691447)
Hello... I'm kind of new on this, and really appreciate all your hard work!!! I've tried severals roms... with no luck but your rom is great!!!! =D> I just have a little inconvenient... when i'm on facebook and i want to go to a you tube link it freezes up or sometimes it crashes :( Do you know what is cousing this???

thank you

Ah, it's probably the flash lite functionality I added. Go to Setting in the opera menu and disable plug-ins. See if that helps. (I think, I'll just take out the Opera Flash functionally in the next release.)

tamayocp 04-10-2010 06:27 PM

quote:

"Ah, it's probably the flash lite functionality I added. Go to Setting in the opera menu and disable plug-ins. See if that helps. (I think, I'll just take out the Opera Flash functionally in the next release.)"

Thank you so very much!!!!! your rom ROCKS!!!!!!! :headbang: i feel quiet domb...lol

fattires 04-15-2010 10:55 PM

Just flashed this rom and so far I am impressed with the speed.
Just one issue that I cant figure out how to change.
I need to disable the slide to unlock because I use pocketshield, I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to disable it. I am probably just overlooking something simple
thanks

leadpoizon 04-15-2010 11:43 PM

For those who had wanted 6.5.1, I haven't had much time recently, but have surely played around with the builds. I might release a beta release soon, just don't know how soon. A new 6.5 release is also in the works. Expect more ROM and RAM, with more stability. Oh, and Sprint Tabs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattires (Post 1701917)
Just flashed this rom and so far I am impressed with the speed.
Just one issue that I cant figure out how to change.
I need to disable the slide to unlock because I use pocketshield, I have looked and looked and cannot figure out how to disable it. I am probably just overlooking something simple
thanks

Sorry, I don't use other apps for locking, so I didn't make a shortcut to the gui anywhere. In the File Explorer, go to [Program File/LockDevice/LockDeviceGUI.exe]

You can disable the automatic lock from there and save it. You can also make a shortcut to the settings in the start menu by tapping and holding the LockDeviceGui.exe until a menu comes up, and selecting "Send Shortcut to Programs"

Odeezie 04-16-2010 03:07 AM

Nice, was going to flash just now but I guess I'll wait for the next release.

leadpoizon 04-18-2010 02:11 AM

Newer ROM released. Feedback and thanks are welcome!