PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

KoKoMaster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
I tried this, and when I connect my phone it says waiting for network. Not sure where to go from here.
im confused about internet sharing. all ive ever had to do to get it workin on the 6.1 rom and this rom was to apply the same steps used for the touch pro..ie..delete extension, create maxcmcon and change PAM to sprint. is this wrong? am i missing something i shouls be worried about? thanks.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pts69666 View Post
I've never had a hard time using my phone while inebriated. haha

I guess I've never been too ****ed up haha.
haha yeah well sometimes I guess I take it a bit overboard lol

Old 03-19-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
There's a generic ROM available from HTC on their worldwide page if you search for the Touch Pro 2 in their support area.
why would you tell the guy to flash a gsm rom to his verizon tp2?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKoMaster View Post
im confused about internet sharing. all ive ever had to do to get it workin on the 6.1 rom and this rom was to apply the same steps used for the touch pro..ie..delete extension, create maxcmcon and change PAM to sprint. is this wrong? am i missing something i shouls be worried about? thanks.
just use the cab ICS_and_WModem_Fix from the tweaks thread and it will work great.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobarules View Post
Just figured out to extract... but can I install this via the SD card if the device isn't "unlocked"? I can't unlock the TP2 either, for the same reasons -- no Windows machine.
I'm actually not sure on this, I believe you should still be able to flash it from the micro SD card even if it isn't "unlocked" as long as you flash to a Stock ROM, but I haven't done it so I'm not sure.

Edit: Does anyone else know if this is possible?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
The biggest joke about this rom upgrade is Sashimi doesn't work and will not install items to storage card.

FAILURE!!

So your definition of failure is a 3rd party app doesnt work on it???

LOL

your reasoning is a failure in that the ROM doesnt have to support 3rd apps (although it should, but not required to) perhaps the idea of a win95 app not working on win7 is a good example...

Perhaps Sashimi needs to update there app to work with this or perhaps there is a reg setting needing changed or several other possibilities but the fact a home-grown 3rd party app (and yes I know of it and it is a great app) doesnt work on a ROM isnt the fault of the ROM but the interfacing of the two

now if there is something actually IN the ROM that has failed in your opinion then spit it out but condemnation of a ROM for one app is failure in itself

This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
yea man its fast and stable! i just dont like that there is no top right taskmanager, picture mail isnt threaded and that you cant access the real settings menu in the start menu. im waiting for mighty mike to mighty it up
There is a cab in this thread somewhere I think to get the HTC Task Manager dropdown back on the taskbar, I forgot where I got it from though

EDIT - Here is the cab
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Taskmanager.cab (254.2 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by piscesjoey; 03-19-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Uploaded cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I'm actually not sure on this, I believe you should still be able to flash it from the micro SD card even if it isn't "unlocked" as long as you flash to a Stock ROM, but I haven't done it so I'm not sure.

Edit: Does anyone else know if this is possible?
You should be able to because its signed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALiens View Post
There is a cab in this thread somewhere I think to get the HTC Task Manager dropdown back on the taskbar, I forgot where I got it from though
it is on page 14 post 139 do a soft rest after installing
Old 03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Thanks bro. Curious - what ROMs have you used that you are comparing this speed to?
I generally use Mr. X and Vin's Neodium. It is very fast for a stock Sprint Rom. I think it compares to those 2 in speed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development