PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3.02.10] [SPRINT LOVER'S ROM] |Windows Mobile 6.5 | Build 21884 | Organized Menu

Still diggin your ROM's, Chris. Had a couple employees load'em up, too, and things are going great. Is tonight's update just Marketplace, ringtones, and wallpapers? Asking because it may be an easy decision to just stay with the 3/2/10 if that is all. Thanks for all the hard work, Chris. Hit the thanks a second time since I loaded the 2/24 (then a few others in between) and the 3/2. The stability is incredible!

matt
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [3.02.10] [SPRINT LOVER'S ROM] |Windows Mobile 6.5 | Build 21884 | Organized Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget007 View Post
Thank you for the great rom. I am currently using 2.24.10. This is the first rom I have flashed and have been very pleased with it. I did have a few questions/observations if you have the time.
  • Did WM 6.5 do away with the full keyboard? I used the ctrl and the shift keys to select certain file or an entire group of file to move, copy, etc.
  • Messaging – I have notice when typing a name in the “To” box all the contact number for the person populates. There is no way to determine what is a mobile, business or fax number unless you remember.
  • Text size– Is there anyway to increase the size of the icon text, contact number text, etc for the people with less than perfect vision? The text tab in the screen setting does not affect any of these.
  • Is battery life substantially less with WM 6.5 than 6.1? I have seen a significant difference. Any suggestion to increase battery life would be greatly appreciated.
  • Is there a good program to backup contact ring tone association? My companies exchange server backs everything up through active sync except for the contact ring tone association.
Again thanks for the great rom and any suggestion you have.
To answer your questions:
-WM 6.5 and the new HTC Scroll have significantly changed how we were used to using our devices for copy/paste as well as multiple select functions, etc. This is unfortunately just the way it is but third party apps can help us out (e.g. Total Commander has multiple select for copy/paste)
-The messaging contacts drop down does not give you an indication on what number you are inserting into a message which is also unfortunately part of WM.
-The text size of icons in the start menu CAN be changed by replacing or editing the StartMenu_GridScene.cpr files in the Windows directory.
-Battery life is dependant on MANY factors and is impacted by how you use your phone as well. Programs such as GPS, WiFi, Opera, Youtube are all memory intense programs that will decrease battery life. You can fight back by making sure that settings such as Push Internet is disabled, set your backlight on auto dim, disable any automatic data sending/receiving such as weather and e-mail. I am able to go an entire day without recharing with moderate use.
-I have included Sprite Backup in the second post which I highly recommend for a complete phone backup. It will back up every aspect of the phone from soup to nuts and it has saved me many times. It is free for 10 days but WELL worth the money.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Still diggin your ROM's, Chris. Had a couple employees load'em up, too, and things are going great. Is tonight's update just Marketplace, ringtones, and wallpapers? Asking because it may be an easy decision to just stay with the 3/2/10 if that is all. Thanks for all the hard work, Chris. Hit the thanks a second time since I loaded the 2/24 (then a few others in between) and the 3/2. The stability is incredible!

matt
Yes tonight's addition is just an updated Marketplace, and the addition of the OEM Ringtones & Wallpapers. Thanks for the positive comments!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Also, I wanted to point out that when I click on your "Donate" button, all that happens is a new page opens with only the Donate graphic on it, but no PayPal link. Yes, I will be contributing to your ROM developement!

matt
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Peruano_Loco is just getting started

in your home screen everytime that i hit the task manager button on top, the clock flips even though not even a minute has passed is there any way to stop this from happening i know is a little thing but it really bugs me
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

Yellowman1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Also, I wanted to point out that when I click on your "Donate" button, all that happens is a new page opens with only the Donate graphic on it, but no PayPal link. Yes, I will be contributing to your ROM developement!

matt
Donate button works now, I just used it.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Chris, a few questions here (I'm really digging your rom & giving it a good test drive, );
1. How can I map/change the right soft button to read "Lock" instead of "camera" as it does now?
2. If I use Total Commander to remove an icon from the Start/Programs menu, how do I access the program after that (I couldn't find a way to access the programs aftr I removed the icons)?
3. Can I disable Push Internet in Opera 9.5, if so, how do I do that? And will Opera Mobile 10 really mess up your rom, or is it just the lack of Push Internet?
Sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere before, I looked for them and couldn't find them.
Thanks for your time and all the hard work you put in your roms!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The "Camera" button I am talking about is on the Home/Today screen (sorry, I forgot to clarify that).
Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peruano_Loco View Post
in your home screen everytime that i hit the task manager button on top, the clock flips even though not even a minute has passed is there any way to stop this from happening i know is a little thing but it really bugs me
Use the CAB below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
Chris, a few questions here (I'm really digging your rom & giving it a good test drive, );
1. How can I map/change the right soft button to read "Lock" instead of "camera" as it does now?
Just do a search for changing the Right soft key. I belive that you will have to edit the registry under HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila
Quote:
2. If I use Total Commander to remove an icon from the Start/Programs menu, how do I access the program after that (I couldn't find a way to access the programs aftr I removed the icons)
If you removed the icon (.lnk file) you would have to go into file explorer or Total Commander and run the .exe file for it. You don't have to "remove" icons as you can simply "move" them with Total Commander to whatever folder that you want.
Quote:
3. Can I disable Push Internet in Opera 9.5, if so, how do I do that? And will Opera Mobile 10 really mess up your rom, or is it just the lack of Push Internet
Install the cab below to disable push internet. Opera 10 will not "mess up" the ROM however you may not be able to use Sprint specific sites such as Music & Home Page correctly with it. If you have both versions installed, just use 9.5 when you want to use Sprint Music Store / Sprint Home Page, etc.

Last edited by chris1683; 03-05-2010 at 09:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

any way to fix the clock rather than turn it off? and is that the same push internet cab thats been around for a while now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
1hr 2min clock flip