PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

rom116 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
I got my SIM unlocked through Verizon support for free. Tell 'em you plan on traveling internationally and would like to unlock this feature.

As far as if you need the SIM unlocked to flash radio, I'm not the unlocker guru, but I'd recommend ya read and/or post your question in that forum. Pretty sure you just need to be security unlocked.

This is mainly for ROM and not Radio. Wouldn't hurt to get your SIM unlocked anyhow since it's free unless you get a butthead at VZW.

The flash, if you use MR.X's Radio's, will not hard reset your device so all of your stuff will be there. Do a backup anyhow just to be safe...
Thanks bro, that helped.

Does anyone know how to get the endkey replacement app to work, the one that brings up all the options like; soft reset, screen capture, ram sweeper (which typically tends to slow my phone if I run it) etc? I have it installed, but since the action key is the phone key on this rom, I can't figure out how to launch it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
Does anyone know how to get error code 67 from happening?? I tried updating the prl and profile but nothing works and i used the provision tool cooked into the rom.. Thanks in advance.
The only way I got it to work for me was to Flash back to the stock ROM. Update profile. Then flash to Custom ROM. My next question is, is it doing it periodically? Because if its doing it every now and then, then that is normal. Being that if the data disconnects it will prompt you with that error message. If its doing it every other hour or so then I would suggest flashing back to stock. Update profile, then flash to a custom ROM. Should take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom116 View Post
another question I have is if there is a way to make the onscreen keyboard disappear when I hit the keyboard symbol at bottom of screen, it typically brings up keyboard options, or is this a known issue. It seems to make keyboard disappear with some apps but some it just brings up the options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
Make sure that you tap the symbol on the left side. Tapping in the center brings up the options.
Beat me to it.

Quote:
Thanks bro, that helped.

Does anyone know how to get the endkey replacement app to work, the one that brings up all the options like; soft reset, screen capture, ram sweeper (which typically tends to slow my phone if I run it) etc? I have it installed, but since the action key is the phone key on this rom, I can't figure out how to launch it.
Install it and then hold the end button. YOu have to tap and hold the end hardkey to have it pop up. I personally do not use that app because its not landscape supported. The built in one is tho. Just hold the end call hard key and it will pop right up.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

rom116 is becoming a great contributor

Install it and then hold the end button. YOu have to tap and hold the end hardkey to have it pop up. I personally do not use that app because its not landscape supported. The built in one is tho. Just hold the end call hard key and it will pop right up.[/QUOTE]

all this does for me is give me the option to power off the phone
Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Re: 07/08/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thanx vin. i only used data off so it was no big deal about com not working, you guys are so spoiled by vins roms.
+5

Absolutely no doubt about that ...

Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I shouldda ask earlier about google maps landscape.Its much easier now to use it in the car
Here is a Dinik icon for gyrator
Attached Images
File Type: png G.png (11.5 KB, 104 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 07-09-2010 at 04:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Install it and then hold the end button. YOu have to tap and hold the end hardkey to have it pop up. I personally do not use that app because its not landscape supported. The built in one is tho. Just hold the end call hard key and it will pop right up.
all this does for me is give me the option to power off the phone[/QUOTE]

Are you sure youre holding down the hard key that has the upside down phone on it? The same button you use to end calls? If so Im not sure why its not working. I just tested mine and it brings up the quicklinks. If I hold down the power button on top of the phone then it gives me the option to power down the phone, but if I press and hold the end talk hard key button then the quick links comes up. Try uninstalling the app for end key and try without it. Then if it still doesnt work you may need some extra help. Im pretty sure it will work tho. If it does then reinstall the app and try again. Its the button at the bottom to the far right of the phone.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK, just finished flashing and configuring Pluto 6/09 cookie, and guess what I found wrong with it ....................................

NOTHING

This one looks like a keeper. (Thats one ANGRY looking sun!)
Thanks Vin.

BTW, am I not seeing the sarcasm here, or was I really the only one who thought that the Comm Manager was an important feature?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is good to see everything working with Plutonium Cookie ROM. I am going to flash this ROM. I hope it is as solid as Neodium Cookie ROM. I don't mind a little bit of lag.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can somebody share their experience with both of these ROMs which ROM do you feel is better when it comes to performance and why does it perform better than the other ROM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

UstesGreenridge is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
all this does for me is give me the option to power off the phone
I also have noticed this behavior but i haven't flashed to the latest...(i was just getting used to how nice my phone is!)....grabbing latest now though!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development