PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

I get too many text messages to keep that on screen notification anyways.

My favorite question: Is hardware zoom working for u guys? when i try it in IE my IE freezes.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Darren do you recommend using the Opera 9.5 cab you posted early on in this thread or the 9.7 cab? When you install and hit contacts, facebook, and then go to a profile does it still lead you thru IE or will it now go to opera etc? thanks for the help
Old 01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

wrn1138 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
Darren do you recommend using the Opera 9.5 cab you posted early on in this thread or the 9.7 cab? When you install and hit contacts, facebook, and then go to a profile does it still lead you thru IE or will it now go to opera etc? thanks for the help

Also, which BUILD of either 9.5 or 9.7 do you recommend, Darren?? Do you have a good 9.7 cab? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrn1138 View Post
Also, which BUILD of either 9.5 or 9.7 do you recommend, Darren?? Do you have a good 9.7 cab? Thanks in advance.
use the paperclip after rom title, i posted the cabs i use for both 9.7 and 9.5, not sure about the other question.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor

I didn't want to post this

Last edited by AB_; 01-17-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

FWIW, I loaded the Tellme app in MalROM 6.5.3 1b6, and it works pretty well.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=tellme
Old 01-17-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ambrowill is becoming a great contributor

I spent 8 hr going though all 120 pages of this Mal thread. Let me see if I got the main points:
1) should update hard unlocker as firmware update before upgrading rom
2) since I am Verizon, may need to install kb fix?
3) appears that rom was fast and without issues in early builds but now has the
earmarks of all the major roms, ie. freezes, wrong location of items, need for
several cab and registry fixes.
4) I liked the advice to keep the roms clear of so many programs and have optional
cab installs
5) Is there a "sweet spot" in rom building where things are just right and no longer
need to have the newest and the greatest cooked in. If they need to be added
could this not be accomplished by reg edits and cab installs ( of course I realize
new revisions of OEM drivers, dll's etc. have to be put in).

6) I would like a few user replies before I try the 6.5 rom later tonight.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
FWIW, I loaded the Tellme app in MalROM 6.5.3 1b6, and it works pretty well.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=tellme
the tellme cab i posted in this forum from the "intrepid" works better, try it. here ya go.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 04:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:07 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrowill View Post
I spent 8 hr going though all 120 pages of this Mal thread. Let me see if I got the main points:
4) I liked the advice to keep the roms clear of so many programs and have optional
cab installs
5) Is there a "sweet spot" in rom building where things are just right and no longer
could this not be accomplished by reg edits and cab installs ( of course I realize

no to first question, if your unlocked just flash. i think you need the kb cab(not positive) the rom is very stable no matter if its 6.5/6.53 or titanium, didnt use 2.5 but as mal states its beta. any issues with the roms are very minor imo and my issues are occuring to me alone and there minor. agree rom should be left where its at or as clean as it was in first builds. dont think your justified saying rom has issues w/o flashing it though.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrowill View Post
cab installs

1: Always make sure you're on the latest update of the HSPL, but it's easy and doesn't cause the phone/ROM to hard reset.
2: Can't help ya, I'm on Sprint
3: Has always been fast and I'm not having any issues with the 6.5.3 ROM. If you've been flashing other custom ROM's it's in your best interest to flash back to stock, clear storage, flash the custom ROM, clear storage and go from there. I used to have issues with pseudo hard resets, loosing certain app's, etc, but not all or having it lock up, haven't had one (knock on wood) since starting to flash back to stock before flashing to a new ROM. I'm not having any issues with Mal's ROM's, although I may not be using certain things or missing things that others are noting. And I think some of the reg issues are due to the ROM now being made somewhat carrier neutral and you need to add edits for different carriers.
4: Exactly...
5: I think Mal's there with keeping the ROM kinda lean and mean, but updating newer drivers, etc as you noted.
6: Flash away... you've got nothing to lose. D/L SPB backup and use the free trial, do a full backup (as long as you don't have current issues with your setup) and if you find that you don't like the custom ROM, flash back to whatever ROM you're currently on and restore the data (This is NOT recommended to back up data from diff ROM's or updates even).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development