PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Angry Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg@yahoo.com View Post
If you have'nt already done so, flash Aurora 8/01 and stay with it. It works like a charm with ZERO issues and avoid all the negativity
Actually the 8/6 refried has less issues than the 8/1. and why would you tell someone to use outdated software, There is no bug reporting on 8/1..... If somethings broken in 8/1 it wont get fixed by NRGZ28. Thats what new releases are for.

The most important reason i can think of to upgrade is the clock fix alone, now i dont have to keep fixing my shifting appointments every time my clock feels the need to change timezones...

The whole point of even using a rom like this is to have bleeding edge stuff, and the less people that use it the slower the development and bugfixes happen.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg@yahoo.com View Post
If you have'nt already done so, flash Aurora 8/01 and stay with it. It works like a charm with ZERO issues and avoid all the negativity
I second that 8-1 is a beast, I tried 8-6 and it was nice but seemed a little tighter than 8-1 in regards to scrolling and starting apps after being launched. 8-1 is so good I don't know if I'll be flashing for awhile unless there are some major changes. The only quirk I've found in both is when you go to the calendar, from titanium, and choose the month view like you wanted to look forward and when you tap on the particular date it doesn't open. The only way to have that dates page open up is by using the center d-pad not a big deal however it is just pushing a button. Great job as usual NRGZ! But now what do I do!

Last edited by BenS; 08-08-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
Actually the 8/6 refried has less issues than the 8/1. and why would you tell someone to use outdated software, There is no bug reporting on 8/1..... If somethings broken in 8/1 it wont get fixed by NRGZ28. Thats what new releases are for.

The most important reason i can think of to upgrade is the clock fix alone, now i dont have to keep fixing my shifting appointments every time my clock feels the need to change timezones...

The whole point of even using a rom like this is to have bleeding edge stuff, and the less people that use it the slower the development and bugfixes happen.
Your viewpoint is solid as long as you use touchflo/manilla. But whats the point of using it when it has so many issues and to have to tweak it relentlessly. It seems as if every fix sort begins a new issue. Just my view but I've always used titanium since 6.5 came out even when I was runnning it on my vogue. Everything you need is on one screen with one wallpaper and all my links work correctly everytime!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Where did you copy and rename the file?

Gen.Y Calendar 6 Weeks VGA Mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?mrtgmy5wfdd
(extract and overwrite file in \Windows\)

OH SHOOT, what do you mean copy and rename? i only see extract and overwright! so using TC i move the files to the windows folder then chose yes when asked to overwrite!

Last edited by quadjacks; 08-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hard reset has my text notifications working. Bubbles and sounds. Sending from touchflo shows up in classic. I'm going to try to break it now to see what might have caused it...if anything. coulda been a shadey flash...again, thanks for the help!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Your viewpoint is solid as long as you use touchflo/manilla. But whats the point of using it when it has so many issues and to have to tweak it relentlessly. It seems as if every fix sort begins a new issue. Just my view but I've always used titanium since 6.5 came out even when I was runnning it on my vogue. Everything you need is on one screen with one wallpaper and all my links work correctly everytime!

Ahh maybe you are right i dont know, i have been using the standard version and never used the titanium version. I cant comment how titanium works I do know the standard version fixed allot of things that were glitchy in the 8/1 build tho.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

Wish I had some lua skills.. can't wait for someone to get the call history button back off from under the clock on the today tab.. thats my only issue with 2.1 left loved that cleaner look..
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys,
Is anyone having a problem with the vibrate function. It doesn't vibrate when I select it. Should I reflash or is there a simpler solution?
Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

bkurek is becoming a great contributor

about a week on 8/1 then 8/6 r2 with verizon. memory usage stays around 80 to 90% used. one use og google maps bumps you to 97% at which point pretty much everything fails. just an fyi to verizon guys. this is still the only rom wherein i didn't completely hate 6.5/titanium and start menu.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

hey guys, cant copy a line in the text messaging in this rom. is there a fix for this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro