PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Basically I installed sMMS for better MMS
I installed sms chat for better sms.
I installed my volume booster cab.
I installed EZinput 2.1 to fix the keyboard.
That's about it I think besides the guimods posted today.
Also installed google youtube app that works.
All features work now.
Besides footprints.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

ARGHH!

My ringers stoppped again...

I moved em to My Docs/My Ringtones

They sticked for a min

Then stopped

Tried switching them to the SD My ringtones folder still no go

IDK what to do now

Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
ARGHH!

My ringers stoppped again...

I moved em to My Docs/My Ringtones

They sticked for a min

Then stopped

Tried switching them to the SD My ringtones folder still no go

IDK what to do now
Dont know if you saw my post last night but I'm getting the random ringer loss as well but not at your same frequency. Sorry Bro all I can tell you is when I do notice it a soft reset brings it right back. I'm still working on it, if I come up with anything you'll be the first to know
Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dont know if you saw my post last night but I'm getting the random ringer loss as well but not at your same frequency. Sorry Bro all I can tell you is when I do notice it a soft reset brings it right back. I'm still working on it, if I come up with anything you'll be the first to know
They sticked from the moment i posted it which you saw until now :/

& I just did a soft reset & it works lets see how long this last...

I remember with my good ol Motrola Q i had all my ringer on Device/Application Data/Sounds

Then with this phone it's On my SD or My docs

I tried moving em to the Application Data/Sounds

They pop up as a ringer but still no go...

Still getting no error so i know they are not corrupted ..

Guess ill have to wait it out....

Kinda aggravating when you here the ringer for a missed called and you go "WTF?!" lol
Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
Feel free to correct me if im wrong, but i think the lack of landscape support is due to the fact that manilla 2.5 was ported from the htc leo. The leo doesnt have a keyboard, therefore, no landscape.
... with the exception of music and photos. while opening the keyboard doesn't work on those (or any of the other tabs), turning the phone in the music tab gives you coverflow and in a few pictures lined up in photos. the port is not perfect for those tabs, but they work.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Basically I installed sMMS for better MMS
I installed sms chat for better sms.
I installed my volume booster cab.
I installed EZinput 2.1 to fix the keyboard.
That's about it I think besides the guimods posted today.
Also installed google youtube app that works.
All features work now.
Besides footprints.
I'm assuming all of these cabs can be found in this thread, right? I've found the guimods over at xda. Do I need to be safe and go with the 2.3a or will the latest 2.5 work? I'm downloading the rom now, so I'm gonna give it a go and see what's what. Do the sms cabs you mentioned fix the problem I saw about the send button disappearing when the keyboard is flipped open?

I apologize if any of this has been discussed before. This threads been going crazy pretty much since NRG started making roms for the CDMA Touch Pro. I appreciate your help, Root, and everyone else on here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarlam View Post
Welcome, which ROm are you choosing? The latest one from 11-05 is WM 6.5 and manila 2.5 (yes, we cant believe it either ) This is technically not ready for daily use but is very close to being finished. This thread is amazing so just post questions and we'll help ya out!
yeah, i just flashed that one. even if it isnt ready for daily use, im sure itll be fine. it looks really good.[/QUOTE]

Most definitely! It's great, wasnt trying to disuade you in anyway, it's incredibly finished. The fact that nrgz has manila 2.5 this far along is mind boggling. Hope it works for you. In the event it doesnt there are still some "Daily Use" ROM's still up on the hotfile link.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nbarlam is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
yeah, i just flashed that one. even if it isnt ready for daily use, im sure itll be fine. it looks really good.
Most definitely! It's great, wasnt trying to disuade you in anyway, it's incredibly finished. The fact that nrgz has manila 2.5 this far along is mind boggling. Hope it works for you. In the event it doesnt there are still some "Daily Use" ROM's still up on the hotfile link.[/QUOTE]

i tried it, but the touchflo didnt work for me in landscape, so i went with the one from nov 3rd, but that one didnt work in landscape either. is the one from oct 22nd or is the one for oct 25th the one i should use?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I'm assuming all of these cabs can be found in this thread, right? I've found the guimods over at xda. Do I need to be safe and go with the 2.3a or will the latest 2.5 work? I'm downloading the rom now, so I'm gonna give it a go and see what's what. Do the sms cabs you mentioned fix the problem I saw about the send button disappearing when the keyboard is flipped open?

I apologize if any of this has been discussed before. This threads been going crazy pretty much since NRG started making roms for the CDMA Touch Pro. I appreciate your help, Root, and everyone else on here.
Hey Bro-load up the Sense mod and check it out. Try the version root posted a little ways back first if you havent loaded anything yet- root says it takes of the background issue (covered in the previous few pages). I'm going to go play with it myself.

roots post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16433
Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarlam View Post
i tried it, but the touchflo didnt work for me in landscape, so i went with the one from nov 3rd, but that one didnt work in landscape either. is the one from oct 22nd or is the one for oct 25th the one i should use?
You are not going to get fully functional Landscape with manila 2.5-it hasnt been ported yet. The port is from the LEO which is Portrait only. There is a Landscape feature to Pictures, Music and a few Programs but thats it. The keyboard is fully functional for messaging, Opera, and a few others so there is the extent of Landscape at this point.
As far as other options, I've run the Oct 25th version and that is good ol' classic amazing Energy ROM. Users I trust fully went with the 28th version-even though it says Test-and they say its great. Those are both WM 6.5.1 with the Start button on the bottom and VERY finger friendly. The 22nd ROM is WM 6.5-prob what your used to.
IMO I'd go with 25th or 28th.

Edit-I recommend the 25th or 28th for those not down with the latest version. IMO it ROCKS and despite the Chef saying it's not ready, it's my daily driver!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-08-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: clarity
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro