PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:50 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog3nator View Post
quick question, does this rom have ezinput 2.1 or 2.0?
2.0 HTC Touch Input
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Major Pain is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Hey, I was just wondering if there was any news about a pending update? I didnt want to flash to a new rom today to just re-flash later tonight. I remember couple days ago there a was a post about a new rom but I'm not sure that was for TP1.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

been trying to keep up with this thread in anticipation of a release....tough to do....lots of side/off topic convo going on in here.....

not to disrespect, i like some of your TF2 mods.....but rootlinux, i think you should maybe create your own thread for all your tinkering/experimentation in the themes forum.....like 50-60% of the 100s of posts i just had to read through dealt not with the rom, but your mods...its kind of a thread hijack at this point...again, i like the work, but i'm here to read up on the rom, not your mods....it's hard enough to keep up as it is....

also, why is everyone so hungry for manila 2.5?....2.1 is finally stable and you want to replace it?.....IMHO, i think an NRG themed build 23420 with a native 6.5 kernal would be way better....23016 is getting stale...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
been trying to keep up with this thread in anticipation of a release....tough to do....lots of side/off topic convo going on in here.....

not to disrespect, i like some of your TF2 mods.....but rootlinux, i think you should maybe create your own thread for all your tinkering/experimentation in the themes forum.....like 50-60% of the 100s of posts i just had to read through dealt not with the rom, but your mods...its kind of a thread hijack at this point...again, i like the work, but i'm here to read up on the rom, not your mods....it's hard enough to keep up as it is....

also, why is everyone so hungry for manila 2.5?....2.1 is finally stable and you want to replace it?.....IMHO, i think an NRG themed build 23420 with a native 6.5 kernal would be way better....23016 is getting stale...
You maybe right.
All my mods are made to be used with NRG just like CMYLXGO and others have been doing to help make NRG more customized.
They post here and also have their own threads.
Was thinking of starting my own as well.

Just trying to help fill the NRG addiction while we wait.

Sorry NRG if my mods/posts have hijacked your great rom thread.

If anyone wants any of my mods you will have to wait for me to start a new thread, if I decide to start one.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
23016 is getting stale...
How is it getting "stale"?

There are so many mods, tweaks and customizations you could do.
Why wait on NRG to make the rom more suited to you when you could simply do something yourself?
That is what I have been doing.
This ROM is the best and rock solid.

My device looks like no one else's and it runs flawless.
No way NRG rom is getting "stale".
Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

swizard210 is a n00b

I just flashed the latest EnergyROM yesterday and have been using it since. I was using MightyROM before this, which was good. But EnergyROM certainly has a lot of cool things about it especially the new Manilla.

Anyway, I have run into a few problems since and I haven't been able to find solutions to them.

1. When I go to the weather tab, select My Location, and click on Update, it does NOT initiate a data session in order to download the update. It just says connection failed or something. However, if a data session is already open, say from downloading my email or visiting a website, THEN it does update my weather, but for some reason it is not opening the data call itself...

2. I face another problem when I am in threaded SMS in the actually Windows Mobile format, NOTE this is not the Manilla texting. So in Windows Mobile 6.1 in threaded text messaging, say the thread for a certain contact was open, when you got a new message from that contact, it would show up in the thread as bolded, and you would have a "new SMS" notification in the taskbar and the light on that center circle would glow. Now if you replied with a message while still in that window, it would automatically "save as read" the last received message hence remove the notification, unbold it in the threaded window, and place your recently sent message at the bottom. And this process would repeat as long as the conversation lasted. NOW THE PROBLEM. In this phone, i don't know why, but when I am in the threaded window, if I receive a new message, it is bolded, the notification shows in the taskbar, all the same as before, BUT when I reply, it NO LONGER get rids of the notification, the blinking light, the bolded text. And so the "unread text messages" notification number just keeps going up throughout a text conversation with someone. The only way it "saves as read" is if I close out of the threaded window, but I really don't want to be closing out after EACH message I receive.

4. Is it just me or does this ROM use A LOT of RAM? I am always at least at 50% and just earlier I was at 68% and nothing was open as per my task manager. I even installed HTCAddicts cleanRAM and it still stays at least at 50%. When I was using MightyROM, sure I wasn't getting like 20 some percent but around 35-45% while using it. I would appreciate some help as to how to clear this problem.

5. Another problem I am facing is that my phone is getting REALLY hot with this ROM. At least compared to MightyROM, it feels a lot hotter. Any solutions?

6. I am having a lag on my home screen big clock in Manilla. Like it's always "overlapping" the numbers and lagging in the flipping function.

7. I linked all my contacts to my Facebook, and selected "save photo", but it doesn't seem to "apply" the photo to any of my contacts automatically. Do I really have to go to each one of my contacts and apply their facebook photo manually?

8. When I "check for updates" on my phone for facebook through Manilla, (NOT using the official Facebook program), how do I get it "erase/overwrite" old updates that I have already seen say on a computer or whatever?

Anyway, I would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could please help me out with these problems. I really like this ROM and want to continue using it but these are my major issues as of now. Thank you!

-SWizard210
Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cjrusso is becoming a great contributor

root i have a question for you -- a few posts back i had a problem with my weather connecting and downloading. long story short only i can only update weather if i manually turn on data my self and update it... do you know a work around so when i hit update now it connects to data by it self.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cjrusso is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizard210 View Post

1. When I go to the weather tab, select My Location, and click on Update, it does NOT initiate a data session in order to download the update. It just says connection failed or something. However, if a data session is already open, say from downloading my email or visiting a website, THEN it does update my weather, but for some reason it is not opening the data call itself...

i have the same problem... and btw.. wheres number 3
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

I bet the latest tweet has everyone stressin!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You maybe right.
All my mods are made to be used with NRG just like CMYLXGO and others have been doing to help make NRG more customized.
They post here and also have their own threads.
Was thinking of starting my own as well.

Just trying to help fill the NRG addiction while we wait.

Sorry NRG if my mods/posts have hijacked your great rom thread.

If anyone wants any of my mods you will have to wait for me to start a new thread, if I decide to start one.
that is exactly what i meant....your stuff definitely warrants its own thread....then when u have a release, post a link to it here!....that would make this thread much more readable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
How is it getting "stale"?

There are so many mods, tweaks and customizations you could do.
Why wait on NRG to make the rom more suited to you when you could simply do something yourself?
That is what I have been doing.
This ROM is the best and rock solid.

My device looks like no one else's and it runs flawless.
No way NRG rom is getting "stale".
as far a my "stale" comment, i'm not saying this ROM is stale....it's great!...i'm referring to the WM build itself. i have tried many ROMs/kitchens while waiting for the next NRG rom and i keep flashing back!....that is a testament to how truely awesome NRGs work is....i really hope people who read my last post don't take it as a dis to you or NRG or me trying to dictate the direction of either of your work....i very much appreciate both of you for your efforts and contributions!

i know i can use calks kitchen to make my own newer WM build ROM, and i have.....the thing is, i just don't have the knowledge/time to put in to tweaking/moding them to my absolute liking. unlike you, i have 0 artistic ability and the shear level of polish of NRGs ROMs is sublime.

when i first discovered, NRGs ROM, i was drawn to it because he was almost always the first out of the gate with the new WM builds. once i actually flashed one(even with my battery life initially taking a turn for the worse...again,not a dis, just the truth and subsequent builds improved this) there was no turning back. but, after trying the 23420 and 23060 builds of WM for a few days, and moving back to NRG, i have to say i miss the improvements that microsoft made in the newer builds...it gets more "finger friendly" organized with each build. i can see why NRG shied away from 23019-23052 and their cousins on the other COM branches as they were slower, buggy, the changes in UI require rework of the themes, etc. but with the release of the TP native kernal and the newer 23420 build "WM6.5.1" is the real deal...no longer does the new UI come at the price of sacrificing performance and stability....as a matter of fact i think performance has increased with 23420.

i cannot state with words how much i love the complete package that is an NRG ROM......nothing comes close....i just can't help but yearn for a fully tricked out and polished NRG 23420+ build.

Last edited by yerp; 10-03-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: fogot to quote...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro