PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Alltel

duanevw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Alltel Touch Pro opinion needed?

I got my Alltel Touch pro in Dec, well I'm running the Telus Radio but I just seem to have a lag with incoming calls snd sometimes it will go to voice mail instead of ringing. Should I just relock the phone and take it to Alltel for a excahnget? I guess what should I say the problem is? I don't want to draw attention about the Radio rom. Should I say the phone seems to freeze and I hard set it a few times? Since there is no damage and it would be under HTC warranty?

My ppc6800 had liquid damage and I had to pay a 95.00 detuctible and they gave me the pro touch for replacement.

Or should I just try a diffferent radio? Sprint did't seem as good I thought. The telus if thats the cause it was acting up in town with full bars phone ring once on 2 different incoming calls.

Well any suggestions in what I should tell alltel would be helpful. Since I do have a different radio on it. I locked the phone with the stock rom. The battery life seems very terrible after just talking on a call also.

Duane mI
Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Alltel Touch Pro opinion needed?

Do the slot cycle index hack, changing the slot cycle from 2 to 1, and disable the tf3d dial skin and you'll gain 1-2 rings.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work

The new sprint radio is probably worth trying too.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

duanevw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2 View Post
Do the slot cycle index hack, changing the slot cycle from 2 to 1, and disable the tf3d dial skin and you'll gain 1-2 rings.
I jsut don't think thats the problem, I have a feeling the Allel radio probably best matched the phone after all but still battery life isn't great either way.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

duanevw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
The new sprint radio is probably worth trying too.
I will give it another try, what rom are you most happy with? There are so many now I know some do improve battery life when I gave them a try.

But maybe the Alltel radio was the perfect match for there touch pro and the only way is to take it back under warranty with a little BS.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Say what you will, you asked for advice & I gave it to you. I have an Alltel Touch Pro, and am using the Telus radio. I know of the lag you speak of, but thats not a radio issue. I tested this last week. Called my phone before any hack, rang maybe twice on my phone before going to voicemail. The phone calling mine rang a total of 4 times, so I didnt hear the first 2. I did the slot cycle index tweak and removed the tf3d dialer skin and gained 7 seconds on my ring time, just under 2 whole rings. And I read somewhere the first ring a caller hears is a false connection ring. Try taking my advice before you dismiss it.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

And by the way, Conflipper is THE MAN as far as Alltel custom roms go. He should be posting an updated rom any day now.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

duanevw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2 View Post
Say what you will, you asked for advice & I gave it to you. I have an Alltel Touch Pro, and am using the Telus radio. I know of the lag you speak of, but thats not a radio issue. I tested this last week. Called my phone before any hack, rang maybe twice on my phone before going to voicemail. The phone calling mine rang a total of 4 times, so I didnt hear the first 2. I did the slot cycle index tweak and removed the tf3d dialer skin and gained 7 seconds on my ring time, just under 2 whole rings. And I read somewhere the first ring a caller hears is a false connection ring. Try taking my advice before you dismiss it.
Hi, I'm not saying your wrong or anything like that, I never had the problem until I was actually in a strong signal area. I appreciate all the help from all members.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Do me a favor and try what I suggested and let me know what you think, if you still have a problem then just call Alltel customer service and tell them the phone is missing calls. They'll run you through some trouble shooting steps, including a hard reset, and if it doesnt solve your problem they'll more than likely send you a warranty replacement. I've had much better luck in dealing with 611 customer service than in store reps. Conflipper suggested to someone in a different thread to flash to the 1.03.15f Alltel Diamond radio before returning it, they probably wouldnt notice the difference.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First thing I did when I got my TP was lower the index to 1. It helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development