PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Flashing from linux?

Is there any way to flash a rom on a linux system im currently using fedora 11 and ubuntu 8.10 and i want to get rid of vista!
the only reason i still have it on my computer is so i can flash my touch pro
I dont want someone telling me to do the sd card flash either because the TP doesnt even show up as connected in fedora.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: Flashing from linux?

What about using a windows emulator in linux?

Edit: you could still do SD card flashes, but you'd have to remove the SD card from the phone to copy the files over.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

like wine? do you have any suggestions of programs to use?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What about using a windows emulator in linux?

Edit: you could still do SD card flashes, but you'd have to remove the SD card from the phone to copy the files over.
yeah i really dont like doing sd flashes either it takes more time to set it up and flash than just clicking a few buttons
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
like wine? do you have any suggestions of programs to use?
I'm not a linux guy, just throwing out the first idea that came to me.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'm not a linux guy, just throwing out the first idea that came to me.
alright well thanks man i gotta look into it i need to find a good one that works
Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
alright well thanks man i gotta look into it i need to find a good one that works
There's quite a few very mature options for both OSX and Windows, so you'd think there'd be something good for Linux.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

mikeklemz is becoming a great contributor

There was an open source flashing app over at XDA... I think it supported a limitied number of devices though. I'll see what I can dig up, as far as links go.
*edit* http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=399762 */edit*

Last edited by mikeklemz; 04-02-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Added Link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

it'll work through using virtualbox, to emulate xp (maybe vista too, don't see why not)

are you familiar with virtualbox?? i feel it's a must have program to go along with your linux box...for those times (like now) when u jus have to use windows.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint) Retired:ppc6700,6800,TP

maniakx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to maniakx

look up this topic on xda ther is a guy named pof that made a program for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development