PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] [FINAL] [06.26.09] MightyROM4 w. OEM BASE Included (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

MN-Joe 05-18-2009 08:09 PM

Re: [ROM] [MAY.11.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordshadowz (Post 921523)
Touche, However, My Verizon Touch Pro might have less RAM, but atleast our keyboards don't stop working and force us to get RMA's like all you Sprint users.

BAM... oooo how'd that feel ???

hehe

I had my Sprint Touch Pro Keyboard quit at the same time the speed dropped to about 1/3 of what it should have been. The tech at the Sprint Store did a hard reset to resolve. I'd reloaded the whole ROM back to Stock and it still didn't fix it. Not sure what the hard reset would do that a reload to stock wouldn't do but it certainly fixed the problem. Just know I'd see others that had this problem, but it appears it was fixable. My keyboard was totally out though - sounds like this other person mentioned seeing random funky characters.

MN-Joe 05-18-2009 08:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordshadowz (Post 921525)
For anyone else with Reborn. Could you disable the HTC Dialer S2A dialer and see if your BT Icons disappear just to make sure it isn't something with my flash ? they will reappear when you re-enable the dialer, so you won't lose them.

Give this a shot and let me know, I'd come across this on XDA while I was looking for the Old School Dialer skin Mike had in MM5. I went back and also included the dialer skin as well as a fix to the Volume control once you remove S2A.

Good Luck!

motocrossyz85 05-18-2009 08:39 PM

Hey so yea I am on MRV5 right now and there are a lot of problems... do you guys like the new mighty rom v4 better then the v5?

BRIVERS73 05-18-2009 08:44 PM

It's all about personal preference... I like R3BORN over MightyROM 5 because I'm not ready to give of Pocket Informant (it seems to not be compatible with 6.5 yet) or menu enhancement ( not a fan of the new 6.5 menus ) Just my 2 cents

And of course the speed :wink:

jshaas2 05-18-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN-Joe (Post 922778)
I had my Sprint Touch Pro Keyboard quit at the same time the speed dropped to about 1/3 of what it should have been. The tech at the Sprint Store did a hard reset to resolve. I'd reloaded the whole ROM back to Stock and it still didn't fix it. Not sure what the hard reset would do that a reload to stock wouldn't do but it certainly fixed the problem. Just know I'd see others that had this problem, but it appears it was fixable. My keyboard was totally out though - sounds like this other person mentioned seeing random funky characters.

my keyboard is gone too. Works about 25% of the time. Hopefully i'm having a replacement sent to me in a few days.

OR78 05-18-2009 09:21 PM

IMO I think R3BORN is way more stable than the new version .Keeping in mind that the new version is not an official release its fun to play with but not for day to day use just yet. Hope this helps.

On a differnet note does anyone know if the ability to adjust the volume increments from 3 to 1 was ever found. I think this is the last thing I would do to my phone and so far I haven't found anything. Anyone's thoughts?

jshaas2 05-18-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OR78 (Post 922913)
IMO I think R3BORN is way more stable than the new version .Keeping in mind that the new version is not an official release its fun to play with but not for day to day use just yet. Hope this helps.

On a differnet note does anyone know if the ability to adjust the volume increments from 3 to 1 was ever found. I think this is the last thing I would do to my phone and so far I haven't found anything. Anyone's thoughts?

Nice post. This is understood. R3Born is the most stable ROM there is.

relux 05-18-2009 09:37 PM

Okay, forgive me if I missed it but is there a download link somewhere of the nbh file for us mac users to flash from SD?

DrSuSE 05-18-2009 10:06 PM

For the automatic calling: http://tinyurl.com/ojyf67

WhiteWidow 05-18-2009 11:03 PM

Is the hotfix needed for the may 11th rls? What does it fix?