PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - MightyRom 4.16
Carrier: Sprint

tlokitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TV Out Pops Up on ActiveSync

Problem:
When I put the Touch Pro (Sprint) in the cradle the TV Out window appears and it goes into landscape mode. It apperas to sync without a problem but i want to disable tv out.

Configuration:
MightyRom 4.16
new app: s2u2
a bunch of other "unrelated" apps that have been on for a while.

The laptop the cradle is connected to recently get connected to a projector but not sure if that would affect it in any way. Why would the connection be thinking its a tv out?
How do i disable/fix this?

Thanks,
Troy
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TV Out Pops Up on ActiveSync

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlokitz View Post
Problem:
When I put the Touch Pro (Sprint) in the cradle the TV Out window appears and it goes into landscape mode. It apperas to sync without a problem but i want to disable tv out.

Configuration:
MightyRom 4.16

The laptop the cradle is connected to recently get connected to a projector but not sure if that would affect it in any way. Why would the connection be thinking its a tv out?

Thanks,
Troy
it can be done via registry, try this key
\HKLM\Software\HTC\H2W\TVOutCableIn and set it to 0

but i dont see how/why the tv out should pop up unless theres a different pin setting in your cradle. Which cradle are you using?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
it can be done via registry, try this key
\HKLM\Software\HTC\H2W\TVOutCableIn and set it to 0

but i dont see how/why the tv out should pop up unless theres a different pin setting in your cradle. Which cradle are you using?
Quote:
Problem:

Configuration:
MightyRom 4.16

Thanks,
Troy
I think you have a bad USB port. It happaned to me before but the phone always thought the headphones were connected whenver I use a certain cable. Come to findout the cable was shoprting out and sendning the signal to the phone that it was a headphone cable...

I will GUESS that could be happanening to you....

Try this... Use different cable.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tlokitz is a n00b

another cable caused the same problem...
interesting thing...when i change the reg entry it switches to portrait right away, but the whole phone locks when i pull out the activesync cable. When i soft reset, the flag is set to 1 again and the same problem happens...

any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tlokitz is a n00b

SOLVED:

I blew really hard into the mini-usb slot on the phone and that seems to have fixed it. Contacts issue i guess.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

-t
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
SOLVED:

I blew really hard into the mini-usb slot on the phone and that seems to have fixed it. Contacts issue i guess.

-t
Good it was just dust! I had a couple ports go bad one me and I had to exchange the device. Glad it was just dust because thats a pain!

AND dont forget to hit the thanks button when people help you ;c)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
SOLVED:

-t
hhaha nice
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Problem solved...case closed.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development