PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

pmoreau 06-15-2009 06:58 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

The fact that he has .NET 2.0 instead of .NET 3.5 was enough for me to hold off using this ROM. I'm hoping the Juicy8 release has .NET 3.5 back in.

Juicy47 06-15-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliens50 (Post 976931)
+1 to rename "Internal Storage" to "Storage Card" if the change was unintentional. If it was intentional and Juicy has his own reasons for it, I'll trust his judgment.

What sucked the big one for me on beta3 was not having .net 3.x cooked in as some of my sdconfig installations would lock up without it. I hard-reset about a half-dozen times trying to figure out which apps were locking up due to the missing .net 3.x.

Anyone know of a way to process the sdconfig without hard-resetting? I tried to manually execute autorun.exe and nothing would happen.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ PCMCIA]
"Folder"="Internal Storage"

sc00b4s7eve 06-15-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoreau (Post 976996)
The fact that he has .NET 2.0 instead of .NET 3.5 was enough for me to hold off using this ROM. I'm hoping the Juicy8 release has .NET 3.5 back in.

Little reading could have solved that :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 975147)
there is no .NET 3.5 or 3.7 as Im not sure which works best.... choose what you like better and install atop 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 975640)
Working great for me bro.
It's all smooth as silk!

I just used the .NETCF 3.7 because I knew it worked for me but I have yet to try the configurator cab (looks pretty cool).
-dot net.zip (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71460)

edit- Configuration.cab works well. Looks like you can preselect the .NET version for each program too (2.0 & 3.5 & 3.7).

Juicy47 06-15-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djalbanian (Post 976871)
Whats up guys, i been alternating between mighty's and juicy's roms left and just cant seem to find happiness. I honesly love the xbmod, the landscaped, extra touchflo programs are amazing but i just cant seem to find happiness on the dialer, whats the point of having the contact bar on tfl if i cant call them. Mighty's seem to be the most stable but lately you cant see which programs your running unless u go to task manager. Soo yea...im really surprised to see how much better juicy's 6.5 with xbmod runs than mighty's 6.5 none xbmod. Much faster and smoother in my opinion, i think my tp hates me cause i just cant stop alternating between them, also like juicys avatar alot better lol shhh dont tell mike. I tried getting mighty reborn with a custom xbmod but that didnt work out so well. At the moment im at work and i forgot my usb and im trying to flash juicys again...o well. I just dont know, any experts can help me out on which rom is actually the best! Speed wise, stability wise and XBMOD!!

Calling contacts from the contacts tab works now.

Juicy47 06-15-2009 08:15 PM

So here is a word of caution:

DO NOT FLASH VERIZON'S LEAKED TOUCH PRO ROM. IT WILL CRIPPLE YOUR DEVICE, AND MAKE YOUTUBE IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY UNTIL YOU RE-FLASH YOUR CARRIER'S STOCK ROM.

/end rant

With that said, I can now concentrate on real development. Updates soon...

sc00b4s7eve 06-15-2009 08:42 PM

Thought I'd throw in my 2¢
-Have you found a way to keep the insane speed, stability, & crispness of beta2 while keeping the feature repairs, like facebook-contact-linking?
-So far... beta2 is far more impressive to me. Mostly because it seemed like I could get away with trying a bunch of new programs, and even if they crashed, it would keep it's newly-flashed responsiveness.
-I hate to make this analogy but your Juicy8 beta3 feels more like a MightyRom: You got all the requested features working together but it's lost it's speed and stability (Am I wrong? Am I the only one?).

So... Thanks for releasing something, that alot of us were requesting, Especially when you kept having to rebuild the files.
And...Don't give in to the peer pressure bro, lol, Facebook integration would be sweet, but in no way is necessary!
Many thanks to your many hours.

Nygel 06-15-2009 09:04 PM

So... Thanks for releasing something, that alot of us were requesting, Especially when you kept having to rebuild the files.
And...Don't give in to the peer pressure bro, lol, Facebook integration would be sweet, but in no way is necessary!
Many thanks to your many hours. "quote from Steve"
I second that, damn great job Juicy I know you are getting it together making all the programs work so you can have a slamming ROM.

scuccia 06-15-2009 09:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a cab for people that want Internal Storage renamed to Storage Card.

And here is a cab that will re-enable SDAutorun so you can run it after you have renamed Internal Storage to Storage Card. This way you won't have to mess with your SDConfig.txt.

1. Install Internal Storage to Storage Card.cab
2. Install sd autorun config.cab
3. Soft Reset
4. Open File Explorer and run \temp\SDAutoRun.lnk

SD Autorun will now start and process your config file.

I normally use the "sd autorun config.cab" on new flashes because I like to test out a rom without any of my customizations first. So I just rename my config file before I flash, then rename it back when I'm ready to customize.

Sharkie405 06-15-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 977219)
Thought I'd throw in my 2¢
-Have you found a way to keep the insane speed, stability, & crispness of beta2 while keeping the feature repairs, like facebook-contact-linking?
-So far... beta2 is far more impressive to me. Mostly because it seemed like I could get away with trying a bunch of new programs, and even if they crashed, it would keep it's newly-flashed responsiveness.
-I hate to make this analogy but your Juicy8 beta3 feels more like a MightyRom: You got all the requested features working together but it's lost it's speed and stability (Am I wrong? Am I the only one?).

Many thanks to your many hours.

LOL on the mighty rom comparison. Yeah, I feel the same way. I flashed beta 3, played with it for about 30 min. and flashed back to beta 2. You're right in that two is faster, more stable and crisper. Juicys working on it like he does. Hasn't let us down yet. Can't wait...

Juicy47 06-15-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 977291)
LOL on the mighty rom comparison. Yeah, I feel the same way. I flashed beta 3, played with it for about 30 min. and flashed back to beta 2. You're right in that two is faster, more stable and crisper. Juicys working on it like he does. Hasn't let us down yet. Can't wait...

its still beta... when i pull it out of beta, you know its up to my usual quality.