PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

bladed2 06-25-2009 01:51 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

issue i didn't notice before because i just started using the default windows mobile UI. when you to the phone tab and hit view, the call history tabs are missing. I can click into random spaces in the small missing gap and the tabs are functioning but you just can't see them. Can anyone else confirm this please and see if we can get it resolved. i think its a minor fix.

Machinehead 06-25-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furiousgtz (Post 996180)
oh okay. Any idea how to change wallpaper that is located in different folder. I only get camera pics.

Tap on the albums softkey and change folders.

gobmonster 06-25-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladed2 (Post 996181)
issue i didn't notice before because i just started using the default windows mobile UI. when you to the phone tab and hit view, the call history tabs are missing. I can click into random spaces in the small missing gap and the tabs are functioning but you just can't see them. Can anyone else confirm this please and see if we can get it resolved. i think its a minor fix.

This is a problem with tachi dialer. It takes away the highlight bubble on the original/other dialers for some reason. I really dont like that it does this.

It takes up too much memory and is slow IMO, i like the windows dialer alot more because it also works with S2U2's S2A, but if the tachi dialer is ever installed, poof goes the bubble and the text looks like its not there.

sc00b4s7eve 06-25-2009 03:19 PM

Would someone mind posting the Stock Juicy8 entries for these? I've normally left the first one at 16 and the second one has been in my setup XML as 6 forever.
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000008
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000008

Feel free to test them out and let me know cause I'm curious...
I just got this using IEMobile.(2 signal bars: -70 to -80 dbm)
http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/resul...sprint2234.jpg

scuccia 06-25-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lat (Post 995939)
That doesn't help the OperaL.exe that is always running, according to dotfred's taskmanager. It takes up around 4mb of memory or so.

Juicy, is there a way to kill this background Opera process? I've been reading some other threads here and on xda, and the background OperaL.exe may be one of the reasons why my TTS engine with iGO8 isn't working.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what is making that start up. I thought it might by something in HKLM\init, but I came up empty.

Anyways, I could make you a shortcut that you could put in your startup folder that would kill the process automatically everytime you restart.

It will use DotFreds Task Manager to do kill the process in the background. Do you install the task manager to the device or the storage card?

trevor_g 06-25-2009 04:25 PM

Love this ROM, but I MAY have discovered an email-related bug:

I'm using IMAP, and I have it set to download the last 3 days of email ONLY. However, everytime I send/receive, it downloads my entire inbox (800+ messages!). Very annoying, and I can't stop it from doing this.

Anyone else?

saflang 06-25-2009 04:26 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Has anyone found a work around for this bug ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by bechard (Post 970085)
I'm using the Juicy 8 Beta 1 on my Touch Pro, and the only issue I have is that when I dial a long distance number stored as (xxx-xxx-xxxx), I get a message from my carrier telling me to dial 1+area code...

In my phone settings, I have enabled prepend dialing of the 1.

Is this a bug with the Tachi dialer, or am I missing something? It worked fine on Juicy 7.

Lat 06-25-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuccia (Post 996609)
I'm not sure what is making that start up. I thought it might by something in HKLM\init, but I came up empty.

Anyways, I could make you a shortcut that you could put in your startup folder that would kill the process automatically everytime you restart.

It will use DotFreds Task Manager to do kill the process in the background. Do you install the task manager to the device or the storage card?

My bad, it's Opera9.exe that continuously stays open, not OperaL.exe.

Unfortunately, with DotFred's Task Manager, even if the Opera9.exe process is killed, it revives itself automatically. I don't know what process is making it do so.

I'm currently beta testing Chainfire's WMLongLife (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519), but I'd like the start of the Opera9.exe process to enable Evdo Rev.A.

By and by, I think he needs a few more CDMA testers, so go check it out guys :)

Edit: nevermind, it doesn't affect WMLongLife. I'd still like to figure out how to kill the process though, to see if it fixes my TTS. :p

bruceo 06-25-2009 05:41 PM

Really liking this rom. Coming from MS3 trying this Juicy TF3D2 is very nice. I was able to easily link alarm to Galarm, Call history and contacts to the respective apps in Phonex and everything as weel as rhodium notifications seems to be linking and working great. Most integrated finger friendly non winmo experience yet. Only thing is on this ROM the battery life is back to being terrible. On the last 3 Groove and Calc 6.5 builds my battery life was best ever went from terrible 2-4hrs to great 6-12 hrs. Now I'm back to 2-4 hrs, only diff is the rom and using tf3d vs MS3 anyone experiencing the same thing?

bruceo 06-25-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lat (Post 996732)
My bad, it's Opera9.exe that continuously stays open, not OperaL.exe.

Unfortunately, with DotFred's Task Manager, even if the Opera9.exe process is killed, it revives itself automatically. I don't know what process is making it do so.

I'm currently beta testing Chainfire's WMLongLife (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519), but I'd like the start of the Opera9.exe process to enable Evdo Rev.A.

By and by, I think he needs a few more CDMA testers, so go check it out guys :)

Edit: nevermind, it doesn't affect WMLongLife. I'd still like to figure out how to kill the process though, to see if it fixes my TTS. :p

I rememeber reading about the opera stuff and I think this will sove my opera issue your issue and possibly battery life. Here is a good thread on it. Read page 2 & 3 of this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64820&page=2

Summary is to ensure realexit registry key is on preload registry key is off and exit using the program menu, not the x

Now all I have left to do is figure out how to turn off auto screen rotatioon