PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

snowglyder 05-12-2009 07:43 PM

Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoreau (Post 911433)
I have run into this problem. To solve, I manually start a sync. Kinda of a pain in the a** but I really don't text interactively this way.
It seems if you wait long enough, the text will catch up.

Cool, I'll try that! Does it still have the same problem with the time it takes to write the texts back into the phone that PIM Backup does (turning threaded off, restore, turn back on)?

06gmc 05-12-2009 08:12 PM

Its a shame still cant use the stock slide lock. Its strange it works on mightys rom with the rhodium manila installed.

DCLocal 05-12-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoreau (Post 911319)
Anybody here ever use dashwire ?
It wirelessly syncs your contacts, call history, text messages, pictures and videos.
It seems to have all the capabilities of My Phone and more.
Dashwire runs a client on the phone that syncs the call history as each call comes in or is dialed out. You can update your contacts on the web site. You can even text using the website. To text, you type it on the web site, it syncs to your phone then sends from the phone. When text comes in your phone, it then syncs it to the web site.

I used Dashwire for a while but it doesn't sync contact photos which MyPhone does. Now that I've been using MyPhone for a while, I love it. And it is very easy to manage contacts on your PC then they sync to your phone. You can even backup your SD card.

I did like the fact that Dashwire saved your IE favorites which MyPhone doesn't do. Maybe they'll add it at some point.

Mayonesa 05-12-2009 09:50 PM

2 things.. what are you guys using to get the numbers for the batt? that wont brake anything else on the task bar?

also, does anyone have any problems with the on screen keyboard? mine wont show up

drewmerl 05-12-2009 10:57 PM

Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Dashwire, PIM Backup

Quote:

It wirelessly syncs your contacts, call history, text messages, pictures and videos.
Dashwire runs a client on the phone that syncs the call history as each call comes in or is dialed out. You can update your contacts on the web site. You can even text using the website. To text, you type it on the web site, it syncs to your phone then sends from the phone. When text comes in your phone, it then syncs it to the web site.

Same here, I have used Dashwire and MyPhone. I also use the VirtualMobile Beta. I enjoy them all and they all have some strengths and weaknesses.

I am fairly fond of Dashwire as I have used it the longest and it just works. The interface is so-so on the device, web interface is pretty nice. MyPhone is the typical MSFT utilitarian fanfare and is just starting out. Good for the back up purpose, but isn't really comparable to Dashwire. Apples and Oranges. Virtual Mobile had a clean interface on the device and a smart interface online, but again, it was more of a MyPhone competitor than a Dashwire.

Like you said (also similar to Joopz), you can message from the site and it will show as it came from your phone. Pretty nifty.

Probably more information/commenting than anyone needed, but I'm in a typing mood. And now that I have typed all of this, is this really the thread for this? :scratch:

ahuskins 05-12-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

I have used Dashwire, MyPhone and Google Sync. I found that Dashwire was a serious resource hog. MyPhone is what it is. But for just syncing contacts and calendar from computer/phone over the air you really can't beat Google's sync app. It runs like an exchange server; pushes changes blah, blah, blah and is just great to re-sync contacts after a flash, especially if you add the account as part of sdconfig during UC.

cchris81 05-12-2009 11:54 PM

My battery went from 100% after flash, to dead off in 5 hours, and i didn't even really use it (was in class) I have since did the normal stuff, disable push and incoming beams etc. I noticed one thing though. When you go into field trial, the radio is constantly pulling (have my slot cycle set to 1) On the stock sprint rom, it would poll then rest. I changed my radio to the telus one, and set the slot cycle to 2. It is still stuck on polling, won't rest. Maybe this is the cause of the battery issue?? I never had this problem with the stock rom. Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this as well.

shayandaman 05-13-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchris81 (Post 911859)
My battery went from 100% after flash, to dead off in 5 hours, and i didn't even really use it (was in class) I have since did the normal stuff, disable push and incoming beams etc. I noticed one thing though. When you go into field trial, the radio is constantly pulling (have my slot cycle set to 1) On the stock sprint rom, it would poll then rest. I changed my radio to the telus one, and set the slot cycle to 2. It is still stuck on polling, won't rest. Maybe this is the cause of the battery issue?? I never had this problem with the stock rom. Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this as well.

Yea that would happen to me constantly on the previous build. The 090512H seems to be better with the battery issue tho.

liquidi3ladz 05-13-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Soft Reset and try testing again tomorrow?

dwizzy130 05-13-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

I'm getting much better battery life with 090512H compared to the previous build.
Try a hard reset and pay attention to everything your phone does tomorrow and report back.

dwizzy130