PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

hyakku 05-05-2009 12:01 PM

Re: [ROM] [Apr 29] JUICY 7 - Build 090429H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfaber (Post 896828)
Are there any working roms where Rhodium/Thouch Flow 3D can actually dial out correctly?

'Like the look of Juicy, but so few things work reliably that I'm tempted to go back to stock rom...

What? First off, I don't understand what your nomplaint is there, the dialer seems fine to me, if your radio is dropping calls or anything like that you may need a new one. More importantly, you say things aren't working reliably enough so you're going back to stock??

heartisall 05-05-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Are there any working roms where Rhodium/Thouch Flow 3D can actually dial out correctly?

'Like the look of Juicy, but so few things work reliably that I'm tempted to go back to stock rom...

I too have been trying to find a fix for this, the only thing that I have found so far is that in Juicy 7(090418H), the dial buttons and sms buttons will work. The only problem is that if you have more than one phone # for a contact it will always call the mobile #. For me this is fine because I almost always call peoples mobile #'s anyway. For the time being I am back to running that rom because it is incredibly stable and speedy for me vs. the new releases.

heartisall 05-05-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyakku (Post 896863)
What? First off, I don't understand what your nomplaint is there, the dialer seems fine to me, if your radio is dropping calls or anything like that you may need a new one. More importantly, you say things aren't working reliably enough so you're going back to stock??

He is not referring to dialing out through the dialer he is referring to dialing out from the people page of Rhodium Manilla. This is a known problem however other than this issue everything else works amazing in this rom and it is lightyears above stock in almost every aspect. If worse comes to worse Juicy has a non-Rhodium manilla rom posted aswell in the first post check that out it will dial out fine from the stock manilla.

bfaber 05-05-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 896877)
He is not referring to dialing out through the dialer he is referring to dialing out from the people page of Rhodium Manilla. This is a known problem however other than this issue everything else works amazing in this rom and it is lightyears above stock in almost every aspect. If worse comes to worse Juicy has a non-Rhodium manilla rom posted aswell in the first post check that out it will dial out fine from the stock manilla.

Hmm.. Thanks.

neodorian 05-05-2009 12:34 PM

I finally flashed the latest Juicy today and I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in the past 346 pages of this thread. The ROM is great but I notice a few things that seem off.

- When I click on a contact and then click "call mobile" it does nothing (edit: while I was typing this, someone already answered this question)
- The data connection always looks active like it's transferring something. I don't know if this is just the way the icon looks (with the arrows pointing both ways like it's downloading).
- It idles at like 70% RAM. The last ROM I used was cooked with eRice a few months ago and it idled around 43% with all kinds of crap installed.

Did I do something wrong or are these just works in progress?

Lat 05-05-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 896868)
I too have been trying to find a fix for this, the only thing that I have found so far is that in Juicy 7(090418H), the dial buttons and sms buttons will work. The only problem is that if you have more than one phone # for a contact it will always call the mobile #. For me this is fine because I almost always call peoples mobile #'s anyway. For the time being I am back to running that rom because it is incredibly stable and speedy for me vs. the new releases.

Yup. Just stick to any release prior to build 090429H. That version has the new tachi TF3D2, which doesn't work with the old TP dialer.

I'm personally using 090426H, and again, all dial buttons and sms buttons work, unless the specific contact has a secondary dial number (ie. mobile + work, the work button will still dial the mobile #).

Nygel 05-05-2009 01:38 PM

to all th enew guys and gals it wil be the best idea to read before posting / flashing. All issues that you guys keep brinbg up are already address in the tread. "Reading is fundemental" it is also the gateway to knowledge. Oh and saying I'm sorry before you post the same question don't excuse it either..............lol
but to set it clear Juicy has always release all his roms with the latest and greatest oem's and upgrade and has done a great job to make it useable but like all new things a they are Gremlins and have to be worked out which takes time but he let us ppc family help also. So if you are not into testing and helping others figure out the problem they are many post that other members suggest for a daily subsitute in the mean time.

so good luck and good testing

syaoran68 05-05-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel (Post 897089)
to all th enew guys and gals it wil be the best idea to read before posting / flashing. All issues that you guys keep brinbg up are already address in the tread. "Reading is fundemental" it is also the gateway to knowledge. Oh and saying I'm sorry before you post the same question don't excuse it either..............lol
but to set it clear Juicy has always release all his roms with the latest and greatest oem's and upgrade and has done a great job to make it useable but like all new things a they are Gremlins and have to be worked out which takes time but he let us ppc family help also. So if you are not into testing and helping others figure out the problem they are many post that other members suggest for a daily subsitute in the mean time.

so good luck and good testing

i understand the fact that people should read threads before they post stupid questions but asking a person to read 347 pages of thread before posting seems a bit daunting at the very least. i'm not whining cause i'll probably read it anways, i'm just saying that it becomes hard to filter out the stuff you need specifically in a thread this large. so i guess in the end what i'm trying to say is just cut the guy a bit of slack :mrgreen: cause when you see that the last page is numbered 347 and all you really want is the answer to a simple question all you want to do is ](*,).

Syaoran

End3r 05-05-2009 02:18 PM

"Search this thread" link at top of page. 'nuff said.

mabru2001 05-05-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel (Post 896848)
Reading is golden

Yeah! Golden Books!

Wasn't there a myth that the gold flake on the binding had lead in it?