PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

aliens50 04-30-2009 04:59 PM

Re: [ROM] [Apr 29] JUICY 7 - Build 090429H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnell (Post 887393)
I flashed to the latest Juicy 7 yesterday and was using GPS with Garmin Mobile XT with no problem yesterday.

Just tried to make a route just now with Sprint Navigation and it worked just fine. Made the route, displayed my current location, no problems here.

So I can only suggest to try flashing again. If it still does not work, flash to what you were using before and see if the GPS on your device still works with it.

Did you do another hard reset after flashing to Juicy 7? I mean in addition to whatever was done automatically. I just always do an extra hard reset and it seems sometimes not doing that might result in problems with some ROMs.

Off-topic -

Since you are another UC user, do you know where Garmin Mobile XT stores its favorite locations? Even specifying my locations in "MapInstall" does not install waypoints in my install.

I'll try looking them up in the registry once I get my phone back online, but if you already know, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

ycats 04-30-2009 05:06 PM

anybody know how to keep the phone from going into sleep mode as soon as you start talking on the phone? this drives me nuts

pezx44 04-30-2009 05:07 PM

Starting Opera (from either the start menu or the internet tab in tf3d) doesn't seem to work. It just restarts tf3d each time. I haven't read of anyone else having the problem. Should I just reflash or did I miss some setup somewhere?

Edit: Also thought I should add that IE works fine.

nemoid 04-30-2009 05:40 PM

anyone having problems with opera rendering pages?? it is rendering mobile pages in like an iframe thing with scroll bar.

and on both mobile and regular pages... the pages only go to like 80% width, and if you change the orientation it gets small. i cant zoom in/out either.

sc00b4s7eve 04-30-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eauh (Post 887261)
I've looked through th1s forum and seen some questions raised over the GPS with this rom but I have not see any answers. Is there a fix to get the GPS to work? I need to use Sprint Navigation just about every day but haven't as of late because it does not work. Help please?

The reason it doesn't work is because it probably won't initiate a data connection on it's own, right?
Update your weather or leave anIE page open (or something like that) and then go launch SprintNav. See if that works.

Juicy. Do you think you could pull a few of the SprintROM files from the old Diamond ROM you had made back in Jan??
They might help us Sprint-folk out with some of our data autoconnect issues and the DCD sprint carrier cab makes everything (even some very important parts of the OS) think that we are using a Titan.

cchris81 04-30-2009 05:52 PM

First off, I must say I forgot how much fun flashing roms was, Last time I did it was when I had the 6700. Now on to it. I tried reading a lot of the recent pages of this thread. I notice there is a problem with soft keys not responding. I don't know if that has been posted, but it is because the windows lock program automatically half way unlocks it self. When you get this problem, if you slide the keyboard out, the lockscreen will reappear and you can unlock it and go about your buisness. The three things i'm seeing is 1, phone gets hot, 2, After initial FB sync, you can't link contacts to people (connection failure), and 3 Gsen screen rotate doesn't work. I didn't see these three, but maybe they're deeper in the thread.

darnell 04-30-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliens50 (Post 887491)
Off-topic -

Since you are another UC user, do you know where Garmin Mobile XT stores its favorite locations? Even specifying my locations in "MapInstall" does not install waypoints in my install.

I'll try looking them up in the registry once I get my phone back online, but if you already know, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

I have no clue, but if you figure it out feel free to PM me with details :) . (Or if you post it on this forum, just PM me a link so I'm sure not to miss it :) .)

flipper2008 04-30-2009 06:10 PM

Simple question for you guys. I been playing around with Sdconfig.txt and provisioning.xml and I got it to work to load apps and load exchange server settings, but almost all of the registry stuff doesnt work (only tried it on the current juicy) . Does this not work as 6.5 is different or can someone direct me to a post geared toward 6.5? I saw the big UC thread on sdconfig.txt on here but hardly anything worked, I just choose basic examples. However, like i said, i got it load a bunch of apps and exchange server without much trouble but a simple one like turn off keyboard opening sound didnt work and if it's in there even though it's after the exchange sync stuff it doesnt do the exchange stuff either. Am I doing something wrong?

Juicy47 04-30-2009 06:12 PM

I'm overhauling my kitchen. Some very nice results. Big changes coming.

Scrotum 04-30-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyki (Post 885994)
I *think* the rar I posted a couple pages back fixes that....

Thank you this worked, now all I am missing for this to be the perfect ROM is to get sensorlock to work. I have device lock loaded, but it seems to only lock the device when it is in the mood.

Has anyone had any success getting sensorlock to work on a Juicy ROM?? For some reason I have not been able to get it to work on any Juicy ROM's, and I have loaded every major release he put out since 4.7

Any help to get this to work, or a cab for devicelock that will work every time i put the phone in sleep mode would be awesome. Thank you guys for everything you do.