PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JUICY 7 - Build 090418H (21501.5.0.7) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

and how can you guys not like the 6.5 menu???? i think its so much better and finger friendly

it takes a little getting used too but its a step up IMO

enjoying the ROM Juicy.... great job

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 PM
SRA
Lurker

SRA is a n00b

so then, there's no way to get around the terrible new start menu? no way to disable it?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

How can you make the screen rotate tfsd2? Like for landscape texting and such without opening the keyboard?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:40 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
Is there an easy way to turn off the sound it makes when opening or closing the keyboard?
Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Sliding Sounds

Uncheck.

Anyone else want to join in asking Juicy to cook in DeviceLock?

Also, Juicy, this is a bit out of the scope of this ROM, I think, but what do you think can be done about reverting the most recent batch of changes to the start menu? I think Microsoft's choice to have the start menu only scroll one page at a time is AWFUL. It's inconsistent (kinetic scrolling doesn't have this behavior anywhere else in the OS), and extremely inconvenient because if the programs page gets too long, getting to the bottom of it can take a really long time.

I wish Microsoft would supply an option for the behavior, but I'd just like to make it so it scrolls like all the other kinetic menus do.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Hi Steve, glad you're enjoying things. no I don't know how to revert back to the old style, I quite like 6.5 ... it takes some time to get used to
I'm getting there I do like it, though.
I was so happy watching the SXSW preview presentation, a few weeks back, when they mentioned honeycrap[comb] was taken out and the flick-scroll stopped at every page. MS being a little intuitive and doing some minimal interface tweaking so you chefs don't have to do ALL the work... What a suprise! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic352 View Post
i did not like it at first either, but i made changes to the menu to get it more friendly to my needs.

i went to \windows\start menu\programs and cut the icons i did not use.(i placed the ones i cut on my storage card in a folder just to have them incase i want to put them back) so now i only have 10 icons on the menu. this may help you

and you can also make folders to group the programs to your liking
Of Course! that will do it. Thanks for the reminder.
Ok. Best ROM ever, now that's figured out.
I'm enjoying trying out/figuring out titanium while being able to use my TouchFlo thats already completely set up. Convenient as hell!
Have fun guys, check you later.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Telus

gmarcoux is keeping up the good workgmarcoux is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRA View Post
so then, there's no way to get around the terrible new start menu? no way to disable it?
Flash a 6.1 Rom. Really the new start menu and the Titanium interface are the only noticeable things that set 6.1 and 6.5 appart right now. If you don't like the changes you're just better off with 6.1

"I know. I outnumber them, but I shall go gently with them at first."
- Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Act 1
Old 04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
ok, the 2 problems that I ran into thus far. first is after the phone loaded the tf3d2, on the upper left, instead of saying start it would say messaging, and instead of the drop down icon for task manager, I have a X on it. but as soon as I start scrolling through tf3d and come back to home, those things would be gone.

the second thing I ran into was not I cannot run Pocketwit, current version is 0.70. don't know if others are running into these problems, but those are the ones that I have encountered. Other than that, it just takes some time to get used to using 6.5, as this was my first time flashing to a 6.5, great, great stuff, on the first implementation of 6.5 into Rhodium. thank you juicy as always.
pocketwit working fine for me.

I do wanna say that in RSS Hub, TF is not working, I have to use the slider bars. I miss looking at my comics and just sliding the screen.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I'm getting there I do like it, though.
I was so happy watching the SXSW preview presentation, a few weeks back, when they mentioned honeycrap[comb] was taken out and the flick-scroll stopped at every page. MS being a little intuitive and doing some minimal interface tweaking so you chefs don't have to do ALL the work... What a suprise! hehe
I had the opposite reaction, I couldn't believe they made it stop on every page. I understand why they made the change (they even describe why - resistive touchscreens are "inaccurate," which is something I don't seem to have a problem with) but I wish so much there was an option to disable that, rather than making it all-or-nothing because the single page scrolling is nothing but a huge pain for me. I gave a few reasons in my post a couple posts up. All I have to say about it is why, microsoft... why?

Also, installing nuebattery seems to create some weird issues. It replaces my htcvolumecontrol.dll, or at least makes the default speaker icon come back (didn't do this in 6.1) and it changes the theme to a weird blue color. Setting the theme to something else, then back to black corrects the problem, but this is something that's just strange. The 1% driver works just fine, this just confuses me. I'm tempted to go back to the old version of this driver, and everyone else should take note, too.

Edit: DON'T INSTALL NUEBATTERY. After installing it for the 1% battery support, my phone has started acting up again. Getting the same problems as before - very slow text entry, tmail.exe freezing, phone becoming very slow and locking up on almost anything. Installing nuebattery is the only change I have made recently and it started acting up after the install. I'm gonna hard reset and try the old version of the driver. Removed it, and it's still acting up. Hard reset time

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 04-20-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jkfoxworth is just getting started

How would you redirect the clock to G-Alarm - StarRom uses it and Psikirom put it in his rom - he actually made a .cab to do it but his rom is 6.1. Can anyone put one together, because I really like G-alarm as an alternative
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfoxworth View Post
How would you redirect the clock to G-Alarm - StarRom uses it and Psikirom put it in his rom - he actually made a .cab to do it but his rom is 6.1. Can anyone put one together, because I really like G-alarm as an alternative
if he made a .cab, it should work on any rom with rhodium manila.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development