PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

pastert33 04-10-2009 08:41 AM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090406H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Anyone know a way to auto rotate IE6?

hyakku 04-10-2009 09:04 AM

Yo Juicy few more things I've been checking out (woke up at like 3 to do a paper, stopped and been messing with copper ever since -_-):

I love the panels on the first screen, and just found out you can edit them using CHome, Titanium Customizer and a regediter. I figured you obviously have your own ideas, but I'm assuming no one would object to me saying you can probably remove the windows live panel in your final build along with some of the others (as some people probably dont even use this) or combine it with another panel. I'm personally thinking of making an Internet tab with Opera; Ie; and Youtube as the Pages, a Messaging tab with Txting and Email, Keeping the weather tab (Titanimium Weather), I made a Contacts Tab and I'm thinking about adding Pictures to the music tab and changing it to Multimedia, and putting Voicemail with messages too, totally removing the favorites.

I'm not sure how it will work, I'm gonna check it all out now but I think this'll compact alot of the more commonly used thing's into 5 or so panels and make it alot more convenient.

I'm also trying to find ways to move the programs around in the start menu, but there's probably some simple way of doing that. I suggest using the expanded start menu too if it causes no issues.

I'm sure you know most of this stuff but just some feedback from a juicy addict.

Chuck_IV 04-10-2009 09:08 AM

The one thing I really missed in Copper, was the ability to always see your day's appointments on the main screen. There was a Calendar option, but it would only show your appointments, if it were highlighted.

This is one option that is key to me with any build, as I'm sure it is with others too.

shayandaman 04-10-2009 09:08 AM

I would like to see the TF3D2 in the next release. The 6.5 home screen just isn't as nice and easy to sue as the TF3D.

gimme5 04-10-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 838032)
I'm thinking the next version may not have Manila..... leave it up to the user to choose from TProManila, XBMod Manila, or just stock 6.5 GUI.

Actually not a bad idea. Is it easy to install manila? Like, just load a cab and you're done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayandaman (Post 838363)
The 6.5 home screen just isn't as nice and easy to sue as the TF3D.

Man, people will really go to court over anything these days ;)

boxer112 04-10-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

This is still my main ROM. It is still faster (yes benchmarks prove it) than copper.

There's alot of things I need to evaluate for the next release. I'll need to figure out how many htc apps i will be leaving in and what will get chucked... i.e. is there a real need for htcmenuenhancements, enlargettitlebar, manila, etc.

I'm thinking the next version may not have Manila..... leave it up to the user to choose from TProManila, XBMod Manila, or just stock 6.5 GUI.

+1 on NooooooooNoooooooo manila.

keep up the good work..Tried copper.but got used to juicy6 speed.
anyway to get 6.5 lock system...

kiemo 04-10-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

This is still my main ROM. It is still faster (yes benchmarks prove it) than copper.

There's alot of things I need to evaluate for the next release. I'll need to figure out how many htc apps i will be leaving in and what will get chucked... i.e. is there a real need for htcmenuenhancements, enlargettitlebar, manila, etc.

I'm using Juicy 090405 ROM without TouchFLO 3D and I can't be happier. The worldclock issue was too great a liability.
Everything seems to run faster =D> now, and the Google Mobile App today item even speeds up my web searches by 50%.

banzera 04-10-2009 10:04 AM

I'm loving the Juicy 6 ROM. I've just got one issue I can't seem to solve, however. It really doesn't have much to do with this particular ROM, but everytime I flash a new ROM, the image file number resets back to 1. This is of course a problem because when I take new pictures, they overwrite existing images. Does anyone here know how to set the file counter to a specific number? Surely there is a spot in the registry that this is kept, I just can't find it.

If I find out how to do this, I may put together a little package to auto-detect the appropriate image number based on the images in the DCIM folder....

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

sequan 04-10-2009 10:50 AM

I have a Verizon Touch Pro. I have installed the rom but I am getting a out of memory error on a lot of applications.

I have tried changing the page pool size down to 8 and still out of memory.

Does anyone know a fix?

Ezrem 04-10-2009 12:12 PM

[#] Text Size & Zoom Level Defaults from Topaz

Does anyone know how I can get the old text sizes back?

The threaded SMS view in the MS text messaging app doesn't go as small as it used to anymore.