PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Ok, Well usually each game asks whether you want to install to the device or Storage. Is there a command to use in the sdconfig file to force it to automatically install each cab onto the SD card ? This is what takes me the most time when I flash. Setting up the 50+ games. hehe.
No, not that I'm aware of. When you use UC it won't ask where you want it installed, it just automatically installs to the phone. Most apps don't take up to much space, (although it sounds like you have a lot of games ). I usually install them to the phone anyway. I seem to recall an app that allowed you to modify the CAB to tell it to install to the Storage Card. Can't remember the name, I'll dig some and see if I can find it.

EDIT: I think the name of the app is Win CE CAB manger ( Thanks pdx77, I was drawing a blank ).

Last edited by Maverick77; 03-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Ok, Well usually each game asks whether you want to install to the device or Storage. Is there a command to use in the sdconfig file to force it to automatically install each cab onto the SD card ? This is what takes me the most time when I flash. Setting up the 50+ games. hehe.
Only way to do that is to edit the .cab file of the application / game you want to install and change the install directory to your storage card.
You can always use WinCE CAB manager to change the .cab file. That might be too much work, and probably be easier to just install the apps you want to your storage card manually.

Last edited by pdx77; 03-11-2009 at 05:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Only way to do that is to edit the .cab file of the application / game you want to install and change the install directory to your storage card.
You can always use WinCE CAB manager to change the .cab file. That might be too much work, and probably be easier to just install the apps you want to your storage card manually.
Thank You and also thank you Maverick77 for both of your inputs. Looks like thats too much work involved. I'll just install all the games manually. But what I will do is set up other stuff like skyfire and memmaid and all the other stuff I do install internally. Thank you again guys..

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
Old 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Thank You and also thank you Maverick77 for both of your inputs. Looks like thats too much work involved. I'll just install all the games manually. But what I will do is set up other stuff like skyfire and memmaid and all the other stuff I do install internally. Thank you again guys..
No problem, I was new at this once, but once you get it set up it's quite easy to do.

There is also a good thread here in this forum with some examples of other people's files that you can look at and see what they do:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59566
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

I had to read that 4.13 development change log 4 times to believe what I was reading....

wow
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pierhogunn is just getting started

hey lordshadowz, take a closer look at the UC howto thread over at xda-devs. I think in the 3rd or 4th post is a link to a related article about how to put some interactivity into your UC file so that, while you still have to enter the code, you don't have to manually kick off each cab install...

I believe the thing is
unlock
hide
unhide
lock

Dan
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

mr.k is keeping up the good workmr.k is keeping up the good work

very amateurish attempts..
edit- here is another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mighty.jpg (15.2 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg mightysample.jpg (2.3 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg mightyflower.jpg (11.3 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mr.k; 03-11-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
N00b

amart565 is a n00b

I have an issue with 4.12 that I have not read about, and thought I'd bring it up. Whenever I use the built in Alarm Clock, the popup notification on the bottom of the screen does not show up. When I change the notification options to show a popup notification, it only works until I soft reset, in which it is reverted back to not using a popup notification. I was under the impression that this option should stay ticked, even on a soft reset.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
MightyROM 4.13
...In Development

[ # ] Opera Mobile 9.5.15954 w. Full Flash Support (No Crashes, Lockups, Etc)
[ # ] New Adobe Flash Package
[ # ] nueGpsSecurity
[ # ] Improved Drivers System Wide
[ # ] Hardware Keyboard Lag Removed
[ # ] Much More...
Nice mike, its being a while
Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pechroc1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
quick question. i was wondering if anyone could report if they had issues or if everything was ok to install the .cab that updates the weather program and adds most of the cities on this 4.12 rom...
yeah its good to go!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development