PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

hAvAAck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

I had a really really terrible time with this ROM. constant freezing, keyboard never worked, among other things
had to switch back to MightyROM from June09
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

has mike built a rom from the kernel 24x yet im wondering what the changes in the windows are
Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: t-mobile

erbegu is a n00b

HELP - i just tried to install the MightyROM6 on my Touch Pro, it installed ok till 100% but after the phone restarted it freeze showing the T-Mobile logo, it doesn't work now, I tried the hard reset but nothing happens, I removed the battery for a while and it still is showing only that logo, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA (MR5)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Tekzel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Tekzel Send a message via MSN to Tekzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbegu View Post
HELP - i just tried to install the MightyROM6 on my Touch Pro, it installed ok till 100% but after the phone restarted it freeze showing the T-Mobile logo, it doesn't work now, I tried the hard reset but nothing happens, I removed the battery for a while and it still is showing only that logo, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Soooo, you have a T-Mobile touch pro, and you installed a CDMA ROM on it? Tsk, tsk.

Go get a GSM ROM and flash it via SD and you might be ok.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker

erbegu is a n00b

thnx for the reply, but i am new on doing this, where can i get a GSM ROM? and can u explain me how to flash it via SD please?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA (MR5)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Tekzel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Tekzel Send a message via MSN to Tekzel

Quote:
thnx for the reply, but i am new on doing this, where can i get a GSM ROM? and can u explain me how to flash it via SD please?
You are currently in the "CDMA TP Upgrades" section, look in the "GSM TP Upgrades" section .

As far as how, I assume its similar to the procedure for doing a CDMA phone. We name the image "RAPHIMG.nbh", and put it in the root of the SD card, then use "VOL Down + Power + Reset" to start the flash from the SD. The GSM phones probably use a different name, of course, but the process is probably similar.

I would really look it up and read a walkthrough if I were you though, don't want to **** it up further.

As far as specifics, I can't tell you any more. I don't have a GSM phone. Good luck!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Lurker

erbegu is a n00b
Unhappy Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

i asked at the GSM section but they aren't giving me some help, please as i see that u know better here, don't u know something to do in this case, something like the last thing to do, couse i tried with the micro SD but it does nothing, when i restarted it (volume down, center button and reset) it asks me if i want to make things like were at the manufacture, after that it loads and restart, returning at the first screen as it was before.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
i asked at the GSM section but they aren't giving me some help, please as i see that u know better here, don't u know something to do in this case, something like the last thing to do, couse i tried with the micro SD but it does nothing, when i restarted it (volume down, center button and reset) it asks me if i want to make things like were at the manufacture, after that it loads and restart, returning at the first screen as it was before.
i don't know why you're doing a hard reset. that's not what Tekzel suggested to you. as he said, you need to flash a gsm rom via SD card. then you'll be back in business.

all the info you need is right here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=440
ppcgeeks does not have much of a gsm user base. xda-developers is MUCH better for everything dealing with gsm.
More specifically, this link will tell you exactly how to flash via sd card http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448008

Last edited by razorloves; 03-01-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Lurker

erbegu is a n00b

thnx for your help, but at the xda-developers explains the method to make a flashing via micro SD but my problem is that i follow all these steps but the screen doesn't show the instructions to start flashing, at maximum it shows the possibility to of restore that in reality returns the phone were it was, that is to say at the screen with the T-Mobile logo...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Lurker

erbegu is a n00b

hey thnx to all of you, i did it, my phone is ok now, thnx for your advices, i used to press the wrong buttons , thank you again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development