PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
No I did not, I am about to now. Did not even think about looking for a cab. Learn something everyday.

After installing that, would I still need to follow BasilRay's steps?
Try the *.cab first. That may be enough to get you running. If not, hard reset. Hard reset will basically re-register your phone on the network and should kick that information in the EPST out to your phone.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Ok...

So I have froze about 5 times now today when unlocking to view a text message. Major buzzkill.

I am using CSDevCtrl because I REALLY like the WinMo 6.5 Lock screen. I will gladly go back to S2u2 if that will work better for me. I stopped using it w/ the 5.28 release because it would wreak havoc on the WinMo 6.5 Slide to Answer.

What are you guys using to lock the screen and/or what have your experiences been with freezes and lock ups?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Ok...

So I have froze about 5 times now today when unlocking to view a text message. Major buzzkill.

I am using CSDevCtrl because I REALLY like the WinMo 6.5 Lock screen. I will gladly go back to S2u2 if that will work better for me. I stopped using it w/ the 5.28 release because it would wreak havoc on the WinMo 6.5 Slide to Answer.

What are you guys using to lock the screen and/or what have your experiences been with freezes and lock ups?

Slide to answer and locking apps have always been an issue with wm6.5.

I still get a screen flicker when recieving a call, just before the S2A pops up. With that said, the stock sliders and lock for wm6.5 still work alot better than anything else out there. I was disabling the HTC dialer because of screen flickering on incoming calls.... Now I am learning to accept this tidious bug....

The lock on wm6.5 does work flawlessly for me, of course getting use to entering a password to unlock the screen...
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
Slide to answer and locking apps have always been an issue with wm6.5.

I still get a screen flicker when recieving a call, just before the S2A pops up. With that said, the stock sliders and lock for wm6.5 still work alot better than anything else out there. I was disabling the HTC dialer because of screen flickering on incoming calls.... Now I am learning to accept this tidious bug....

The lock on wm6.5 does work flawlessly for me, of course getting use to entering a password to unlock the screen...
Have you tried CSDevCtrl? It will apply the WInMo 6.5 lock when you turn the screen off or when you are on a call...just like S2u2. It then uses just the slide to unlock the screen. It works fairly well...but I am beginning to think it is what is causing my periodic freeze issue.

Since no one else seems to be having this issue...it almost has to be the cause!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hammerl8 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
You have to either install one of the EZ inputs keyboards (Which will also fixed your hardware keyboard SYM key) here or do it via registry edits which u will find @ the bottom of the changelog in that link as well
ok. installed the keyboard and made the registry change but still no luck.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerl8 View Post
ok. installed the keyboard and made the registry change but still no luck.
Did u perform a soft reset? I've done this & everything worked fine....
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What keyboard are you using?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hammerl8 is just getting started

i used mike's keyboard. does it matter the i am using classic word completion cab?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO

Poestaboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poestaboy View Post
downloading now...

one problem i seemed to be having with the last version...My Battery life seemed to Die VERY fast while using Internet sharing..and Even FASTER with using wifirouter even when on the charger..is this just a Touchpro issue that'll never be fixed?....i remember when i had my Mogul ..the battery charged while using internet sharing thru usb...will that ever be able happen with the touchpro?
so its safe to assume...there is no fix for this issue for the touch pro?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

I know that accessing the windows folder takes longer than the others. But Since I have flashed to the newest R5 rom, it takes much longer. I can use Resco or another file browser and immediately open any folder. When I tap on the windows folder it takes 1-2 minutes to open. This is much longer than it took with the previous R5 rom. Does anyone else have that issue with this rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development