PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49341)

lnchbx13 01-05-2009 02:02 PM

Re: [12-17-08] Juggalo TP ROM v0.05B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 619282)
no tf3d is the same build. its all the same except for the Sprint Drivers that are needed for prl updater and such

which is why i find it odd that things have stopped working

idk why it doesn't work either, but I do want to add that using the sex keyboard pic from your first page as my background and also the background for s2u2 goes perfectly with the color scheme you have on your rom...thanks for the background

tsperez 01-05-2009 02:43 PM

Re: [12-17-08] Juggalo TP ROM v0.05B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

I installed 0.06 late last night so I have only a few hours experience with it but here are my observations so far. I did not load any of my special programs so that would not have an affect on the ROM.

1 - Sprint TV cab is out of date and new version does not load channels.
2 - Sprint Nav worked nicely.
3 - Only the meadow field background. How can I change this to a black theme?
4 - Everything seems to run fast. You have to wait for pictures, music, and TM to index. The system is very slow - like all others - until this has taken place.
5 - I like the task bar icons a lot.
6 - I did switch to normal word completion for messages. I don't like the T9.
7 - Not enough time for battery test but over night it did very well.
8 - Talking about battery... is it ok to use VistaHide on this ROM?
9 - I like the stock phone dialer/skin. Good size and does things right.

I'll report back when I've had more time with the phone but it seems very good so far. It's a good mix of flash and function.

Thanks for the hard work.

tsp
Sprint TP

ez2bgman 01-05-2009 02:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 618917)
Looks like it works if you use any theme on PPC Geeks besides the default one. looks ot be a java script issue. i made the above on mobile theme

I only have one theme now - Windows Default. V.05B came with 4 different themes: HTC, Sprint, Windows Default, and I can't remember the 4th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 619027)
can you guys give the sprint software another run through and get verification on what is broken for me, thanks!

1. Sprint Picture Mail gives the following error message: "Picture Mail is not supported on this platform". Also when I try to access pic mail from the TF3D tab by tapping on the envelope, nothing happens.

2. Sprint TV/Sprint Radio is not loading channels. It will load the application but that's it.

3. Not all the albums don't pull up from TF3D. After hitting "Album" and then "Albums", I am only showing All, Camera Shots, and My Device. On V.05B it showed all the albums I have after hitting "Albums". I have to select "All" to get to my pics and then search for the one I want.

4. The soft keyboard is not aligned in landscape mode when using the full qwerty keyboard. The keys are higher than they should be. The letters/numbers/symbols are in the correct location, but the boxes around them are off.

This is what I have found so far. I have the exact same apps installed that I had on V.05B, but I had none of these issues with V.05B. I have attached 2 pics. The first is a pic of the album menu from TF3D. The 2nd pic is of the soft keyboard issue.

I hope this helps. Everything else seems to be running fine, including youtube.

Mr. X 01-05-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez2bgman (Post 619350)
I only have one theme now - Windows Default. V.05B came with 4 different themes: HTC, Sprint, Windows Default, and I can't remember the 4th.

1. Sprint Picture Mail gives the following error message: "Picture Mail is not supported on this platform". Also when I try to access pic mail from the TF3D tab by tapping on the envelope, nothing happens.

2. Sprint TV/Sprint Radio is not loading channels. It will load the application but that's it.

3. Not all the albums don't pull up from TF3D. After hitting "Album" and then "Albums", I am only showing All, Camera Shots, and My Device. On V.05B it showed all the albums I have after hitting "Albums". I have to select "All" to get to my pics and then search for the one I want.

4. The soft keyboard is not aligned in landscape mode when using the full qwerty keyboard. The keys are higher than they should be. The letters/numbers/symbols are in the correct location, but the boxes around them are off.

This is what I have found so far. I have the exact same apps installed that I had on V.05B, but I had none of these issues with V.05B. I have attached 2 pics. The first is a pic of the album menu from TF3D. The 2nd pic is of the soft keyboard issue.

I hope this helps. Everything else seems to be running fine, including youtube.

the WM themes i removed, i thint thinkat one used the others except black. i can put the sprint one back.

as for the sprint tv, and mail ill have to see what happened. cuz im stummped right now

Lat 01-05-2009 03:53 PM

Hey jugs, any ETA on the 0.06B for Telus? We're anxious as well.

Cheers.

Mr. X 01-05-2009 03:58 PM

probably tomorrow, i was going ot get it out today but it has been pushed back as i have ot much to do at work today.

Wunder 01-05-2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X
Looks like it works if you use any theme on PPC Geeks besides the default one. looks ot be a java script issue. i made the above on mobile theme
QUOTE=ez2bgman;619350]I only have one theme now - Windows Default. V.05B came with 4 different themes: HTC, Sprint, Windows Default, and I can't remember the 4th.

[/QUOTE]

Not the theme on your phone, the theme you use in the PPCGeeks forum

tsperez 01-05-2009 05:29 PM

Jug,
One more thing... when I select "Help" in Opera I get an error that my url is wrong. I try "Opera:help" directly and I still get the error. Minor issue.

On the plus side the tab calls up the screen super fast and the launch of Opera seems much faster than stock.

tsp

larry6667 01-05-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 619503)
probably tomorrow, i was going ot get it out today but it has been pushed back as i have ot much to do at work today.

Depending where you are in Ontario, Can I do your work for you, so you can work on the Telus ROM. lol

Mr. X 01-05-2009 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 619734)
Jug,
One more thing... when I select "Help" in Opera I get an error that my url is wrong. I try "Opera:help" directly and I still get the error. Minor issue.

On the plus side the tab calls up the screen super fast and the launch of Opera seems much faster than stock.

tsp

dude! you just fixed all the sprint issues with that tidbit right there i know exactly what your problem is pertaining to opera now, as well as u gave me ideas for sprint tv and pic mail lol.

and i already know its a driver issue for the keyboard.
also here is a lil treat for all of you, its the new manila i have been working on.

install it i wont tell you what i have done. but its finally done ;)

also if u come across the My/All applications error im aware of it. and you'll know what i mean when u get it, or should i say when it doenst open infront of TF3d :)

im working on it