PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

Stevetd 01-12-2009 10:59 AM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

OK, I am not having any luck doing this. Grant it, this is all new to me but I usually figure things out pretty easily. I have the phone unlocked but every time that I put the phone into bootloader mode ActiveSync will not reconnect. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ducylowycz 01-12-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevetd (Post 634622)
OK, I am not having any luck doing this. Grant it, this is all new to me but I usually figure things out pretty easily. I have the phone unlocked but every time that I put the phone into bootloader mode ActiveSync will not reconnect. Any suggestions? Thanks.

First when your in bootloader check to make sure your phone is actually un-locked it should say cmonex .37

Second try and connect your ppc via your computer IN activesync (if your using VISTA connect phone via mobile device connection software) mode then try to run the rom update utility.

If all else fails connect your phone to your computer using disk drive, format the card FAT32 w/default allocation table, take the RUU_signed.nbh and RENAME it to RAPHIMG.nbh then load that onto your SD card on your phone and go into bootloader mode.

...hope this helps

ajskhan 01-13-2009 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am only getting this far

It isn't recognizing the Active Sync Connection any more ... what should i do?

Raging Idiot 01-13-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajskhan (Post 637930)
I am only getting this far

It isn't recognizing the Active Sync Connection any more ... what should i do?

The most common occurance of Active Sync Connection failure after loading a ROM can be solved by going to Start/settings/connections/activesync/ and disabling Advanced Connection.
I may be off a bit in the names there, I'm just going by memory.

Raging Idiot 01-13-2009 08:51 PM

GZUS I just went though several pages of this to find out I needed to have my SD card formatted to FAT32. Well, it works now.... Very grateful for that.

I fried my USB in the name of science and no longer could charge or anything else, so this ROM install via SD card was a great benefit.

Someone should edit the first post and say the card needs to be FAT32.

faaz23 01-13-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aregalado123 (Post 631325)
hi,

Just got my touch pro from verizon wireless, and I have tried all three. It does not seem to take at all, when I try using the RUU, it gets stuck on 0% and then error out. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Give you a heads up to this is my first windows mobile device I am a former blackberry user.

I have the same problem. I can't seem to fix it. I have tried different ROMS and the same thing happens.

Stevetd 01-14-2009 07:17 AM

I don't see the file "RUU_signed.nbh" anywhere in the RUU download.

flyers2114 01-14-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevetd (Post 639016)
I don't see the file "RUU_signed.nbh" anywhere in the RUU download.

The RUU in this thread is a noid (blank) RUU.....you need to DL a rom of your choice...use 7-zip or a programm of your choice to un-rar the file...7-zip is good free program...but most of the roms have an RUU with the signed NBH already in it.....so all you have to do is open the RUU and run the Rom Update Utility inside of it.....

andhrudu7 01-15-2009 04:50 PM

I was able to update my ROM just by not doing a reboot to enter into bootloader.

The only mis-leading step here is "holding volume button and power button".

Step1: Do active sync.
Step 2: Copy the ROm file into the same folder as update utility, and Run "ROMupdateutility.exe"
Step3: Follow the steps.

That's all.

flyers2114 01-15-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andhrudu7 (Post 642756)
I was able to update my ROM just by not doing a reboot to enter into bootloader.

The only mis-leading step here is "holding volume button and power button".

Step1: Do active sync.
Step 2: Copy the ROm file into the same folder as update utility, and Run "ROMupdateutility.exe"
Step3: Follow the steps.

That's all.

It is not mis-leading......you can do it either way...enter BL manually or it will enter itself when you start the process....does not matter....