PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

want2tokyo 01-15-2009 07:47 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Do people reflash back to the original stock version before they flash a new rom? I am aware that you should perform a hard reset upon flashing but I am wondering if anyone flashes back to the stock version, hard resets, then flashes new rom along with another hard reset after the new rom????

flyers2114 01-15-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2tokyo (Post 643254)
Do people reflash back to the original stock version before they flash a new rom? I am aware that you should perform a hard reset upon flashing but I am wondering if anyone flashes back to the stock version, hard resets, then flashes new rom along with another hard reset after the new rom????

There is no need to......just the hard reset is important, otherwise you tend to have problems with some leftovers from the prior flashed rom....

hoppyrg 01-17-2009 01:12 AM

please help! when i run the updateutilaty it has me check off on the first two pages then i click next and it says eror240 open file check utility pleaseeeeee help!

joela 01-19-2009 10:18 AM

I'm new to flashing ROM's (as my message will prove) and have been trying to install Scott Crosler's loaded ROM onto my Verizon Touch Pro.

I'm sure I screwed up in one or more places but don't know where.

I used Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip as my unlocker.

Moved scrosler.nbh into the RUU directory and tried to flash the phone. All I was able to get was a perpectual "loading" indication on the screen.

I also tried to rename scrosler.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh to load from an micro sd card which I reformatted (FAT32, default allocation). Same "loading" display.

Now my activesync doesn't work even though I unchecked the advanced configuration box under connection under settings.

I'm sorry for the long message but would really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks in advance.

Joel

pyrobug 01-19-2009 02:30 PM

I have been trying to flash my Alltel Touch Pro to Conflippers_Touch_Pro-1-9-09 rom with no success. I get the 262 communication error when trying to do so with my pc(s) and when trying to flash from my micro sd card I get the 0% status bar and never get beyond that point. I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned in this thread to no avail. A rep at HTC just told me that Alltel may have blocked my ability to flash with a 3rd party rom. The phone shows that it is unlocked so can it be that the ability to flash a custom rom is blocked?

skeegcpp 01-19-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 625086)
ppckitchen.org read forum rules and everything before posting

link working now.

Roccooke 01-19-2009 02:47 PM

Newbie, please HELP guy's
I am new here and i made a big stupid mistake... !!
I read the warning to unlock first than updat the rom and i did not want to make any mistake but i still did it wrong... i did not unlock first i was so nerves...
and my pda pro don't work any more... black screen (i tried anything, power, hard reset, soft reset)
pleace some tips ( sorry fore my bad englisch)

MrSpudd007 01-22-2009 03:56 AM

How do I get the .nbh files? Can I change an .rar file to an .nbh?

Todd

MrSpudd007 01-22-2009 10:27 AM

I don't know how to use the .rar files. I can flash the .nbh file, but get an error message when I try to use the other. Do I need to cobvert it?

abdeviation 01-25-2009 05:55 PM

can you post the ROMs on a faster server. I am getting like 8 Kb/sec sucks