PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

keslongwood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why you cann't get the CDMA iPhone onto Sprint, and how WE can fix it.

SO you're wondering "HOW CAN I GET THE CDMA iPHONE ONTO SPRINT". Well according to every one YOU CANN'T!! WHY you may ask. Well it's simple. CDMA networks do not use SIM cards, it uses ESN numbers on the phone to add it to the network. Sadly Sprint currently does not allow ANY outside ESN number to be added to their network.

NOW, How can we change this? Call up Sprint daily and vitch to your hearts content. Seriously. Call them up and complain. DEMAND that they change that rule for the iPhone at lease. I would glady spend 500 bucks to buy an iPhone 4 and put it on Sprint to continue my account. Call them up now, go into the stores and vitch.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Why you cann't get the CDMA iPhone onto Sprint, and how WE can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslongwood View Post
SO you're wondering "HOW CAN I GET THE CDMA iPHONE ONTO SPRINT". Well according to every one YOU CANN'T!! WHY you may ask. Well it's simple. CDMA networks do not use SIM cards, it uses ESN numbers on the phone to add it to the network. Sadly Sprint currently does not allow ANY outside ESN number to be added to their network.

NOW, How can we change this? Call up Sprint daily and vitch to your hearts content. Seriously. Call them up and complain. DEMAND that they change that rule for the iPhone at lease. I would glady spend 500 bucks to buy an iPhone 4 and put it on Sprint to continue my account. Call them up now, go into the stores and vitch.
not a bad idea, you may also want to start an online petition for Sprint users.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't think sprint can unblock ESNs for iphones only..as they have no way of knowing if a Verizon ESN is an iphone or not without getting that list from Verizon..and I doubt Verizon will provide it >.>..so its either full unblock or no unblock..

*must resist urge to set place on fire..resisting*

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

they should make a full unblock and accept all esn's. They dont have to support the device let us worry about that it will be our decision of dealing with that. In return they would have many more subscribers which is where they make their money from.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
they should make a full unblock and accept all esn's. They dont have to support the device let us worry about that it will be our decision of dealing with that. In return they would have many more subscribers which is where they make their money from.

that's true, I always thought about that, seems like a win/win,

but they may also have a "deal" with vzw not to accept ESNs because then you could actually use a blacklisted VZW phone on Sprint and vise versa, maybe increasing phone theft?

of course they could just share blacklists and that would solve that.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that's true, I always thought about that, seems like a win/win,

but they may also have a "deal" with vzw not to accept ESNs because then you could actually use a blacklisted VZW phone on Sprint and vise versa, maybe increasing phone theft?

of course they could just share blacklists and that would solve that.

Sprint does not want you to buy a phone from another carrier on another network, and Verizon does not want their phone bought and used on another network..their official statement is "if issues arise support wont be able to assist you and it can compromise the network due to unsupported/untested hardware"

The carriers don't want to be dumb hubs for data/voice...they want to milk the cow even after its out of milk...aka they want to load bloat-ware on your phone..they also want their "exclusive" phones to stay "exclusive"...

We may think its win/win..but for carriers winning is not enough..they want complete dominance...
Old 02-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i need to know how to change the IMIS and PRL... if there is a way then the phone can be used outside the US ... is there a way to enter them manually?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

We Don't Need No Stinking iPhoney!!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How about you switch to vzw? With sprints prices going up, they aren't that much less than vzw anymore. I would think sprint and t mobile will get it eventually, just a matter of when.

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
How about you switch to vzw? With sprints prices going up, they aren't that much less than vzw anymore. I would think sprint and t mobile will get it eventually, just a matter of when.

Tapa tapa tapa

did some thread cleanup!

that's a good point, if you REALLY want to save money then I'd suggest cricket or boost, but you pay for it lack of coverage. Having tmobile for me is the real solution.

$60 for unlimited texting, data, mobile to mobile calls, nights weekends, and so many GSM phones to choose from, you just can't beat it.

But I mean you could start a petition or set up some group effort to flood Sprint with calls or something like that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > CDMA iPhone Development

Tags
cdma, iphone, iphone 4, sprint, sprint iphone