PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/20/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread w/ Sense 2.1 v1.2!!!
Odexed

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

4/26 Updates Sense 2.1 v1.2

-Based on Amikams RC1 ReEngineered ROM
-Camcorder fixed
-VVM working (you should receive 2 texts after flashing, saying the VVM has been provisioned)
-GPS working (if you still get a reboot when using gps, try typing ##gpsclrx# in the dialer, then reboot)
-Possible improved battery life (from the removed debug from apks)

Not working

-4G

From Amikams thread:
awesome. does anyone know if there's a way to add swype to this rom?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Guess 4G doesn't work because of debug's taken out?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/20/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
If you have the apk and Titanium Backup they have a feature that will add any apk to a ROM. You may want to try that.

On the first GB 5.0 that he posted it included Swype. So they took it out in this release?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
N00b

jryanvt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
If you have the apk and Titanium Backup they have a feature that will add any apk to a ROM. You may want to try that.

On the first GB 5.0 that he posted it included Swype. So they took it out in this release?
i think the sense 1.0 roms with gingerbread have swype, but the sense 2.1 roms do not.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
I just read someone in amikams thread @ xda mention they were using it, so there has to be a way.....I'll look into it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Guess 4G doesn't work because of debug's taken out?
no, it's because this ROM was ported from desire z port, and the desire hd port of GB Sense 2.1, I think they only used certain parts of the EVO GB dump to get most of the other features to work.....not to say they couldn't get 4g to work at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post

being this is a ported ROM, it never had swype, but here is the apk from the EVO GB ROM....
Attached Files
File Type: apk Swype.apk (1.91 MB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
N00b

jryanvt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
being this is a ported ROM, it never had swype, but here is the apk from the EVO GB ROM....

awesome x2, thanks omj. i'll mess around with the sense 2.1 rom when i get home tonight.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
awesome x2, thanks omj. i'll mess around with the sense 2.1 rom when i get home tonight.
sounds good, if you can't get it to work, let me know & I'll see if a specific version needs to be used.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

for the Sense 2.1 ROM.....I was never that fond of the battery included, so I changed the icons to the stock battery w/ %.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OMJ.BattPercent-Sense.2.1-signed.zip (2.50 MB, 239 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kkryter is a n00b

Quick question : is this ROM compatible with the large collection of Sense 2.0 themes that are available? An example would be those found at the following location :

[SKIN][Tutorial][08.03.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods. - xda-developers

Thanks in advance for the advice, and thanks as always for all of the work you put into this kind of thing for the community.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket

im glad to see an update..2.1 sense is just way too awesome not to be on our evo's..thanks OMJ..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development