PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash007 View Post
I was about to flash this rom for the first time, but would like the answers to these questions as well before I do. Thanks.
See my post for the updated questions I would like answered..

Ive been running the rom for a few hours and while its now faster, its not great.. sometimes pressing on an icon doesnt do anything and you have to press it again. Also I would love to know where my internal memory went.. I got back to around 17% by removing stuff I dont need but still. I had 20+ with the rom from october..

HELP!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP

Re: [ROM] 11/02/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.2 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartendersimon View Post
I updated to the latest ROM version but i still dont see the MMS changes, i still have 500k, 1M, 2M as an option for mms size. any idea?
I have the same issue. I didnt want to erase my apps or settings so I did a recovery install and didnt wipe anything. Is there something I should have wiped that wont erase settings or programs??
Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP

Re: [ROM] 10/14/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
You will absolutely need to wipe the system/cache/dalvik cache before installing the 10/14 version.
Does doing this erase settings or programs or any of the sense layouts?? Do I do this in recovery before I install the update?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Victor_A is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Victor_A Send a message via Yahoo to Victor_A
Re: [ROM] 11/11/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.30.651.3 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

I am not sure why this is ahppening but when I make a call hephone is on speaker mode without me enabling it. The button doesn't show it being on eiher. Any ideas?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP

Just noticed this but it appears the ADDFREE program no longer works with this rom. I noticed this because programs that didnt show ads before now show them and when I run the addfree program, some of the text looks like it overlaps. I install the updated host file but the ads are still there...
Old 11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
If someone can answer these questions (Note that I did a recovery and put this new 3.3 ROM over the old October Rom I had installed so I wouldn't loose my settings etc):

1. Why does this new rom take up so much space? I am down to around 15% from the 20+% I had before this rom was installed. What can be removed to resolve this? While many chefs leave out certain stock application, I include them all as well as a few extra apps. Most applications in the rom are uninstallable. The memory should be close to stock with the exception of whatever I added in.

2. Why does the phone SIT at the 4G logo when I reboot or turn the phone on (boot from totally off). Used to be nice and fast booting up. This is because the rom is deodexed. Odexed roms will boot faster during their initial bootup however they are both around the same after the first boot. Deodexed roms are beneficial in that they allow more user customization. If you went with an odexed rom you could say goodbye to half of the customizations chef's put into the roms.

3. Why does the feel of the phone seem SLOWER with the latest rom?? I am not sure what your exact experience is with the phone and can only comment from my personal experience. I think the new rom is just as fast if not faster than previous versions. Due to you numerous comments about "flashing over" exisiting roms and not wanting to lose settings, etc I might assume their is residual files left on the device from previous updates.

4. How do I Keep STOCKS and FLICKR from running all the time? I dont use them. I put them in autostarts to NOT run but they still do. I also notice a few other programs start on their own, which didnt before (FM RADIO Being one). You can go to Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync and press the green sync icon on Stocks and unckeck "Sync stock info." I would assume the same goes for Flikr but I do not use flikr so I cannot say for sure. I have never noticed FM Radio or any other app start by itself.
Quote:
Does doing this erase settings or programs or any of the sense layouts?? Do I do this in recovery before I install the update?
Wiping your phone will erase EVERYTHING. All of your apps downloaded from market (your paid apps are always available for redownload after signing into google) and all of your settings and contacts will be lost. You can easily back up your phone contacts to your sd card or if you use google contact sync they will automatically update once you sign in.

Quote:
Just noticed this but it appears the ADDFREE program no longer works with this rom. I noticed this because programs that didnt show ads before now show them and when I run the addfree program, some of the text looks like it overlaps. I install the updated host file but the ads are still there...
I have never used addfree before therefore I cannot comment on it. If you are having a problem with it I would suggest you contact the developer.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP

1. Why does this new rom take up so much space? I am down to around 15% from the 20+% I had before this rom was installed. What can be removed to resolve this? While many chefs leave out certain stock application, I include them all as well as a few extra apps. Most applications in the rom are uninstallable. The memory should be close to stock with the exception of whatever I added in.

** Thanks... I wanted to figure why I had 22% free BEFORE installing this ROM and 10% after. I did remove a bunch of non-needed stuff that I had removed before and came back with the update and now I am at 18%. Would like to get more back.

2. Why does the phone SIT at the 4G logo when I reboot or turn the phone on (boot from totally off). Used to be nice and fast booting up. This is because the rom is deodexed. Odexed roms will boot faster during their initial bootup however they are both around the same after the first boot. Deodexed roms are beneficial in that they allow more user customization. If you went with an odexed rom you could say goodbye to half of the customizations chef's put into the roms.

** Is this different then your Roms from October? I was running one of them and it booted much faster. Just wondering...

4. How do I Keep STOCKS and FLICKR from running all the time? I dont use them. I put them in autostarts to NOT run but they still do. I also notice a few other programs start on their own, which didnt before (FM RADIO Being one). You can go to Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync and press the green sync icon on Stocks and unckeck "Sync stock info." I would assume the same goes for Flikr but I do not use flikr so I cannot say for sure. I have never noticed FM Radio or any other app start by itself.

** I have them UNCHECKED to NOT SYNC but they still show in system panel as running.

Wiping your phone will erase EVERYTHING. All of your apps downloaded from market (your paid apps are always available for redownload after signing into google) and all of your settings and contacts will be lost. You can easily back up your phone contacts to your sd card or if you use google contact sync they will automatically update once you sign in.

** OK I understand but I would love to find out what took my memory from 22% to 10% after installing this rom. I did however remove some JUNK that the update out back and am now back to 18%.

** I know this but I thought there was a way to erase just the CACHE and system partition and NOT erase any APPS or settings or anything???? I seems to remember someone said if you dont get the new MMS sizes (I didnt) then you need to erase cache??

OH and ADFREE works... I had to reboot the phone and then it picked up the updated hosts file. I didnt have to do that with the previous rom I was running.

Thanks for the answers....

Last edited by djqwikcut; 11-12-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dseda86x is just getting started
Quote:
If someone can answer these questions (Note that I did a recovery and put this new 3.3 ROM over the old October Rom I had installed so I wouldn't loose my settings etc):

1. Why does this new rom take up so much space? I am down to around 15% from the 20+% I had before this rom was installed. What can be removed to resolve this?

Try removing the sprint stock apps that come on the phone, also known as bloatware

2. Why does the phone SIT at the 4G logo when I reboot or turn the phone on (boot from totally off). Used to be nice and fast booting up.

Not entirely sure, I don't run the stock kernel and my bootup is very fast and only sees the 4g for a few seconds if that.

3. Why does the feel of the phone seem SLOWER with the latest rom??

Most likely because you have a lot of sprints crap running in the background. Its notorious for slowing phones down.

4. How do I Keep STOCKS and FLICKR from running all the time? I dont use them. I put them in autostarts to NOT run but they still do. I also notice a few other programs start on their own, which didnt before (FM RADIO Being one).

Delete them! Download root explorer and go into /system/apps and remove the appropriate files but do this with caution. More info can be found in the first post about remove system apps which also include flickr fm radio etc.

Thanks for your help!
Answers that you're looking for are hopefully answered in the quote.

via EVO -- Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseda86x View Post
Answers that you're looking for are hopefully answered in the quote.

via EVO -- Tapatalk Pro
YES. I cant remember which one but I think either Stocks or FLICKR or both said they were system apps and could break something if removed. are these ok to remove??
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

mashpaw1 is a n00b

Like this Sprint Lovers ROM !!! Donation sent :Confirmation number: 9C144712CH7288131. THANKS !!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development