PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile MANILA FIX Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
when i click on a contact then the facebook tab my sense restarts
is there something i am missing for facebook syncing

using 23541
sense 2.5
leo dialer
Maybe use a CAB file for getting out of this horrible sense stuff and back to Manila (or "Manillas", as that other dude calls it). You will be able to do ten times as much as before, and have less toilet paper scrolling to worry about .

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

PS: Anyone know where I could get a VGA HTC "Quietly Brilliant" Startup GIF and PNG file with the black background, but WITHOUT the stupid "Windows Phone Mobile" Logo at the end?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: MANILA FIX Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Maybe use a CAB file for getting out of this horrible sense stuff and back to Manila (or "Manillas", as that other dude calls it). You will be able to do ten times as much as before, and have less toilet paper scrolling to worry about .

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

PS: Anyone know where I could get a VGA HTC "Quietly Brilliant" Startup GIF and PNG file with the black background, but WITHOUT the stupid "Windows Phone Mobile" Logo at the end?
now what is that going to do?
get out of sense and into manila. sense = manila, or since you like to make fun of people for mistakes manillas yet you do not even notice that the post i said manillas it was meant to used as a plural.

have a great day cupcake
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: MANILA FIX Reply

Quote:

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

What??????
Old 07-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile HELP THE HORROR SITUATION Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
now what is that going to do?
get out of sense and into manila. sense = manila, or since you like to make fun of people for mistakes manillas yet you do not even notice that the post i said manillas it was meant to used as a plural.

have a great day cupcake
Oh really?

Quote:
manilla is what is in calks kitchen.

sense is whats in OMJ's kitchen
Manila is not the same as Sense, because I've got Manila, but none of this "Sense" horror. Also, see posts 1,809 - 1,813 in this thread for an explanation of the "difference between "Manila" and "Sense" in Windows Mobile".

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
What??????
Someone said they were stuck in "Sense", so I thought I might add in that it can be helped.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
when i click on a contact then the facebook tab my sense restarts
is there something i am missing for facebook syncing

using 23541
sense 2.5
leo dialer
I figured it out, i was not putting in facebook engine ( not the facebook app)for some reason.
All is good now. Trial and error

I have been having some fun cooking roms and adding some customizations that i like
Old 07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: HELP THE HORROR SITUATION Reply

Quote:

Manila is not the same as Sense, because I've got Manila, but none of this "Sense" horror. Also, see posts 1,809 - 1,813 in this thread for an explanation of the "difference between "Manila" and "Sense" in Windows Mobile".

Someone said they were stuck in "Sense", so I thought I might add in that it can be helped.

- 2 Bunny
Manila and Sense are used interchangeably in the community. You are just talking about different version numbers for the same family of products, e.g., different Windows versions: 2000, Vista, Windows 7. For example, see...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=1

One of the clearest example of that is all the "manila files" in the Sense 2.5 roms. If you really want to see what the difference is between Manila/Sense 2.1 vs Manila/Sense 2.5 see...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=6

In other words, like most computer development, a lot of the 2.1 manila files were changed to accommodate the new features of 2.5.

Finally, I've never heard of cab that can get you out of 2.5 and into 2.1. I personally can not go back to 2.1 after having used 2.5. Like me I suspect many more like 2.5 than 2.1 because of the added features. If you don't like Sense, just turn it off and turn Titanium on, or go the SPB/MS or the MaxSense route.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 07-25-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned User

Smile Re: HELP THE HORROR SITUATION Reply

Quote:
Manila and Sense are used interchangeably in the community. You are just talking about different version numbers for the same family of products, e.g., different Windows versions: 2000, Vista, Windows 7. For example, see...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=1
So Going from Manila to Sense would be like downgrading from Windows 7 to that one quaint funny little operating system from between xp and 7? How horrible? We can get back to Manila from this "Sense" right?

Quote:
Finally, I've never heard of cab that can get you out of 2.5 and into 2.1. I personally can not go back to 2.1 after having used 2.5. Like me I suspect many more like 2.5 than 2.1 because of the added features. If you don't like Sense, just turn it off and turn Titanium on, or go the SPB/MS or the MaxSense route.
Well, I haven't had "Sense" infect my device yet. I can just hard reset if my device becomes infected though right? I mean, I've seen people get stuck with it. I'm just trying to help save people from this virus, because someone heard a rumor that it was starting to happen to Windows Mobile 7 already.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-25-2010, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Well, I haven't had "Sense" infect my device yet. I can just hard reset if my device becomes infected though right? I mean, I've seen people get stuck with it. I'm just trying to help save people from this virus, because someone heard a rumor that it was starting to happen to Windows Mobile 7 already.

- 2 Bunny
I would say you are safe from the infection; there is truly a lack of "Sense" on your "device".
Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Banned User

Post Re: HELP THE HORROR SITUATION Reply

Quote:
I would say you are safe from the infection; there is truly a lack of "Sense" on your "device".
Phew. You're still safe I assume?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Phew. You're still safe I assume?

- 2 Bunny
No, 'fraid not; my "device" is fully infected with "Sense".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development