PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
He needs to manually install WMDC 6.1

Win 7 comes with Sync Center, but needs WMDC 6.1 to work properly for syncing up our phones. Just search the microsoft download section for it.

You will be good to go, after that.
Downloaded and installed WMDC and 6.1 update for win7/64. No difference. Device manager "sees" my diamond, but turns it into a generic rndis device. My computer and WMDC doesn't see it, and I get the ERROR [260] : Connection error from the update utility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Have you tried just plain going into bootloader and not connecting with activesync? (i.e volumn down + reset button under battery cover + power button).

The same happens to me in Win7 sometimes and this works everytime.
I'll try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Ya, just name the nbh file diamimg and copy it to your root of internal storage and then load it through the bootloader.
Will try asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
When I install the newest version of WMDC 6.1 (Windows Mobile Device Center) activesync always works perfectly for me.
As I said in the top of this post, the 6.1 update does nadda for me...

Last edited by mmmdieselfumes; 03-10-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

rwilli is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Is 6.5 NK faster in terms of home tab scrolling speed or is it faster in the opening of prgrams and such
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Awesome, got the bootloader to work. Apparently I'd been pushing just the vol down and power, but needed to press the back button too when you press the reset button... So it's installing the new rom via bootloader.

So anyways, I guess my inability to make windows 7 play nice is a moot issue now. To those of yall having problems like me, just turn the usb mode to disk drive mode (not active sync), throw the .nbh onto the internal storage, boot into bootloader, and vola! Thanks yall
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Smooth and quick ... awesome work, Bud!
thx Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Quick question, but when we installed all the google maps and opera and what not to the internal storage, once we update to this newest rom, do we have to delete our old files on the I.S. and reinstall and whatnot, or are we good to go with the new rom with everything in the I.S. hung over from the old rom?
you'll need to re-install for the registry settings & shortcuts, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
thanks. I'm using Opera Mobile 10 beta (the one that came on the OMJ ROM I'm currently using). I knew about the .adr file but couldn't find it or even a Opera folder in \Windows. I'll try try the Opera Link you mentioned.
if u want those favs to be on the thumbnails on the internet tab, you can create a reg file with all of them & use SASHIMI to import then into the registry. here is the format:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\InternetPush\Enabled\000]
"bDownloaded"=dword:00000000
"DownloadTime"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"Name"="Bing"
"ScheduleInterval"=dword:ffffffff
"URL"="http://www.bing.com"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gn View Post
Is the new 6.5 going to have the NK thing going on like the 6.5.5, im a 6.5 fan but liking the way this 6.5.5 is working.
definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondy View Post
Hi guys, this might be a n00b question, but I have searched this thread and have found one person with the same prob and no solution...

I have flashed heaps of roms before and had no probs, I have flashed the latest OMJ Rom and it wont boot, all I get is the Touch Diamond splash screen with no ROM or Radio details in red in the bottom right.

I have a GSM diamond, do these roms only work on CDMA?
sorry, but no, it wont work on a GSM diamond....I am planning on cooking a GSM diamond rom in the near future for WMPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haragan View Post
Hi,

Can someone tell me if this ROM is compressed and how much space is left after flashing? Love OMJ ROMS...

Thx!
yes, the 1st one was....it had 82mb storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
thx for the update OMJ,

does the sys seem to make any difference? I'm riding pretty right now with the previous rom so I'm hesitant on upgrading.
I wouldn't say it's a significant improvement, but I havent played w/ it much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayge View Post
Does the Cookie Monster home tab mod allow vga Diamond users to have the one row of (3,4, or 5) quick links on the main home tab screen? Or can this only be accomplished on a wvga device?

I currently use one of OMJ's older roms with Max Manila to accomplish this, but will update if I can get quicklinks on the main home tab.
yes, it has options, but I have it set to 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou81too View Post
omj this is a awesome rom thank you so much for all your work. Ive been a long time lurker but registered just so i could thank you.

you deserve a beer on me, sent a $5 donation confirmation #3CV23699UN3369008 thanks again
hey thx man, really appreciate that.....for the longest I refused donations, but since WMPU approached me to join their ROM team, I took a different stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilli View Post
Is 6.5 NK faster in terms of home tab scrolling speed or is it faster in the opening of prgrams and such
time will tell...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

hey thx man, really appreciate that.....for the longest I refused donations, but since WMPU approached me to join their ROM team, I took a different stance.
Congragulations man
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIamond
Carrier: Optus

pondy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

sorry, but no, it wont work on a GSM diamond....I am planning on cooking a GSM diamond rom in the near future for WMPU.
That would be really cool, I look forward to seeing something from you in the near future!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond

Shnyps is a n00b

Does anyone know how to change the very first boot screen that comes up? I flashe a MediumHill rom a while back and the picture has gotten old. maybe OMJ could build a cool custom screen in the next build? Thanks fo the AWESOME rom dude!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Sense 2.5 2012 | 6.5 | 21895 | v1.1 | NO LZX

DOWNLOAD

Storage= 66mb
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lawdy lawdy, look what I beholdy. Turns out magically that after having installed your newest 6.5.5 rom OMJ, that WMDC see's the diamond just fine! Awesome man, your roms are the best!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

OMJ can you make a new sense 2.1 rom, I know most people prefer sense 2.5 but sometimes I want to try something stable from your roms, thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development