PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
There really is no difference other than the up and down indicators for the quicklaunch icons.
It isnt more stable?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense UI aka Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.1 | 21870 / 23504 | 11/12/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
some phones have been known to contract epilepsy. Dont worry, just roll it onto its side so it doesnt swallow its tongue.

im kidding, flashing alot will not hurt your phone.

lmao!!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

I didnt notice anything, nor did amarullz mention anything like that when he posted it. I think it was mainly just resizing so they could fit in the arrows. Also you can now go all the way to the bottom on the program quicklaunch selection, you could not select the bottom two programs before (youtube for example)
Old 11-20-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Saw this posted by brc64 in the EnergyRom thread ... thought it was worth passing along.

brc64 said:

"I actually figured this out after watching a video review of the HD2 of all things. The trick is to select the menu option for animated wallpaper, but then to go to your regular photo album and pick the background you want to use. Interestingly enough, with the version I've got installed, the animated background option from the home screen doesn't do anything, but I was able to get to it from the settings tab. No more laggy weather animations on my home screen, yay!"

Last edited by wmdunn; 11-20-2009 at 04:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Some phones have been known to contract epilepsy. Dont worry, just roll it onto its side so it doesnt swallow its tongue.

Im kidding, flashing alot will not hurt your phone.
Well...not EXACTLY true. Your phone won't suffer from any lag because of extra files being left behind from flashing all the time. BUT, if you're on a custom rom and want to change to another custom rom, if you don't first flash to the carrier's shipped rom, hard reset it, THEN flash to your new rom, then hard reset it (which is THE proper procedure for flashing any rom) then files do get left behind. It was a while ago and it was on JonRom i think it was called (?)...and whenever I flashed to another custom rom then BACK to JonRom, all my texts from a month ago when I flashed FROM his rom were still there, and I use multiple e-mail accounts on my phone and when I flashed back what also happened was my e-mail accounts would be there but "ghost", so I had tons of old e-mails that I could view in touchflo 3d, but when I went into outlook I couldnt access the accounts or delete any of the messages. I had to use a program called "SKTools" that went deep into the system files to delete these ghost e-mail accounts.

SO in essence, no your phone won't be any slower or crash any more often the more you flash...but it WILL make it a giant pain in the ass if you don't do it right because you could have ghost e-mail accounts, old text messages, and other things that are stuck in your phone that you can't delete in any conventional way.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Well...not EXACTLY true. Your phone won't suffer from any lag because of extra files being left behind from flashing all the time. BUT, if you're on a custom rom and want to change to another custom rom, if you don't first flash to the carrier's shipped rom, hard reset it, THEN flash to your new rom, then hard reset it (which is THE proper procedure for flashing any rom) then files do get left behind. It was a while ago and it was on JonRom i think it was called (?)...and whenever I flashed to another custom rom then BACK to JonRom, all my texts from a month ago when I flashed FROM his rom were still there, and I use multiple e-mail accounts on my phone and when I flashed back what also happened was my e-mail accounts would be there but "ghost", so I had tons of old e-mails that I could view in touchflo 3d, but when I went into outlook I couldnt access the accounts or delete any of the messages. I had to use a program called "SKTools" that went deep into the system files to delete these ghost e-mail accounts.

SO in essence, no your phone won't be any slower or crash any more often the more you flash...but it WILL make it a giant pain in the ass if you don't do it right because you could have ghost e-mail accounts, old text messages, and other things that are stuck in your phone that you can't delete in any conventional way.
I was just implying that it wouldnt hurt his phone to flash. Assumed that was what he was asking.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone else notice that data connection stays on like it is constantly active once you initiate a data connection. It never goes off. I have flashed about 3 times just today...
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

payner96 is a n00b

I've noticed the data connection being left on too, burns through the battery pretty quickly. diamond tweak can probably help solve this.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's the dialer. OMJ there is a more updated dialer that Calk uses in his kitchen that is designed for CDMA but based off of the one you use.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Ya its the datadisconnect issue because its a GSM dialer.. (Rhodium PhoneCanvas 3.50.35846.0)

The one you want is (Rhodium PhoneCanvas 3.40.35284.0)

Its meant for CDMA and has the video call and conference call buttons replaced with call history and back like it used to be with the tachi dialer (we don't have that functionality anyways)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development