PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: T-Bay Tel

Rossovich is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

Hi all, I am fairly new at this, maybe I missed something. If I did my apologies. I am trying to load the Telus Radio using the Rom Update Utility that is included in the download. It does nothing, it starts, then nothing. I have tried this after Syncing, also I have tried this by putting the phone in bootloader mode manually. My phone is unlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THank you in advance
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossovich View Post
Hi all, I am fairly new at this, maybe I missed something. If I did my apologies. I am trying to load the Telus Radio using the Rom Update Utility that is included in the download. It does nothing, it starts, then nothing. I have tried this after Syncing, also I have tried this by putting the phone in bootloader mode manually. My phone is unlocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THank you in advance
you should download and extract the radio of your choice. Connect your device to activesync. In the radio rom folder, and select the RomUpdateUtility.exe. pic attached. it should bring you to another screen, check the box for each. then follow the prompts. the radio rom upgrade should last under a minute. Keep in mind the last percentage takes a while. dont be alarmed and wait for it to change to 100% and prompt you it is completed. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg radio flash screen1.jpg (64.8 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-Bay Tel

Rossovich is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you should download and extract the radio of your choice. Connect your device to activesync. In the radio rom folder, and select the RomUpdateUtility.exe. pic attached. it should bring you to another screen, check the box for each. then follow the prompts. the radio rom upgrade should last under a minute. Keep in mind the last percentage takes a while. dont be alarmed and wait for it to change to 100% and prompt you it is completed. Hope this helps.
Hi Rileyd5, I have tried these exact steps, I have the phone plugged in, connected via activesync, go to the extracted folder, double click the ROMUpdateUtility it starts, then gives the working circle, (using windows 7) then it goes away without doing anything. Nothing shows on the phone or anything. I downloaded the Telus Radio for the diamond. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Thanks for the help

Actually just went and downloaded it again from a different link, and the update utiliy is working, now just have to get the battery charged above 50% to update the radio. On another note, what is the best regeditor?

Last edited by Rossovich; 01-21-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

agentmikeyd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossovich View Post
Hi Rileyd5, I have tried these exact steps, I have the phone plugged in, connected via activesync, go to the extracted folder, double click the ROMUpdateUtility it starts, then gives the working circle, (using windows 7) then it goes away without doing anything. Nothing shows on the phone or anything. I downloaded the Telus Radio for the diamond. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Thanks for the help

Actually just went and downloaded it again from a different link, and the update utiliy is working, now just have to get the battery charged above 50% to update the radio. On another note, what is the best regeditor?
phmregedit
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

post #3
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Reliance

raju_a is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to raju_a

Hi Guys,

Have just put my Touch Diamond (CDMA) handset on Reliance India but am unable to send sms. Currently, I am on 1.08 radio. On some suggestion i switched to Sprint 1.11 F.. radio. But it shows no service. Then I changed the ROM to MR4 but still shows no service.
So again re-loaded the same 1.08 radio and as usual voice works.

Am i going wrong somewhere, can experts on the forum provide suggestions.

Thx in Advance

Raju
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Bell users: any radio recommendations?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Reliance

raju_a is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to raju_a

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I tried all different radios for my Touch Diamond but all showed no service except for 1.08.99.

Can anyone tell me why is this happening. Any solution for the same as with 1.08.99 radio one can only activate voice while text & data services dont get activated.

Guys need urgent help

raju
Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Just wondering, I'm going to try it anyways, but I have a sprint radio (use to be with sprint) and now I am on alltel in an area that only has verizon towers, I'm way out in the country, haven't seen anything posted about radios and who's running the tower, if this is a verizon only area for towers, would I get better signal, etc if I run a verizon radio?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, DIAMOND, Touch PRO
Carrier: USCELL

Moguldqr is a n00b

How can I get the ZIP files??
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)
Carrier: Sprint

laymanm is a n00b

I flashed a few different radios today. I live in Cincinnati, OH. Any recommendations?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development