PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
Re: 8/14/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23028,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Flashed 23028 to my brother's diamond, and it won't boot, either stays at the "Touch Diamond" screen or at the splash screen for WinMo. Sometimes it gets to the title bar but stops there.

PC won't recognize the phone, so we cant' flash back to stock. Even if it's in bootloader.

Now we flashed it on my PC and he's trying to flash to stock on his, without having set up an association on it since, it won't load after he left my place.

Anyone have any ideas? or suggestions? Or did I just brick my brothers phone?

EDIT: nevermind, got it to flash. But the problem there still exists. Might want to look into it.

Last edited by Matchstick; 09-18-2009 at 02:57 AM. Reason: solved
Old 09-18-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 8/14/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23028,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
Flashed 23028 to my brother's diamond, and it won't boot, either stays at the "Touch Diamond" screen or at the splash screen for WinMo. Sometimes it gets to the title bar but stops there.

PC won't recognize the phone, so we cant' flash back to stock. Even if it's in bootloader.

Now we flashed it on my PC and he's trying to flash to stock on his, without having set up an association on it since, it won't load after he left my place.

Anyone have any ideas? or suggestions? Or did I just brick my brothers phone?

EDIT: nevermind, got it to flash. But the problem there still exists. Might want to look into it.
You might need a new usb cable. I'm on my 3rd one now and it seems that whenever the cable is going out I start having issues with bad flashes and the computer not seeing the phone.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just a quick thanks for the latest SYS's.

I'm having significant issues with freezes, boot problems and soft resets causing hard resets in Calk's new VK. But your new SYS's continue to work very well in his old kitchen and produce solid, stable ROM's.

So, again, THANKS!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SteveBoat is just getting started

I flashed 23049 and so far it's working great - thanks.

Both 23047 and 23049 seem to use the selected tsk's highlight color on the bottom task bar on every screen which messes up my black background theme. Any idea where to get a tsk with black highlighting? I don't really like the red/burgundy highlights of Rock and Republic.

Thanks a lot for the ROM.

OK - I saw a post by Watzone and figured out how to edit and change the images in the Windows directory. I now have my black task icon bar at the bottom and also now have black for the other highlight and scrolling images.

Now my da_reeseboy 23049 is close to perfect for me! At least until the next update!

Thanks.

Last edited by SteveBoat; 09-22-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Anyone interested in 23420?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skwarek is becoming a great contributor

yes man. i'm on bonsai, which is pretty good, but i prefer yours more. Glad to see u back. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
yes, please

do you also happen to know what is new on 23420 since 23414?
thanks

Last edited by meangreen; 09-30-2009 at 08:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
YES - would LOVE to have 23420 and/or 23060 from you. Having limited success with 23414 and 23053 in the VK.

Wondering about reports of problems with buttons in dialog boxes in 23420 and 23060 - but want to give them a try!

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SteveBoat is just getting started

Quote:
Yes Sir ... count me in. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:24 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Here is 23420 -
SYS/ROM folders - http://www.mediafire.com/?wmottohdd33
Prebuilt ROM - http://www.mediafire.com/?2wx1mtm2i2m

The prebuilt ROM only has fingerkeyboard in it. I am using Touchpal myself and so I install that after the customization is done. If you're looking for a finger-friendly keyboard like the EzInput compact, I highly recommend it.

@willysp: The issues with missing buttons in 23420 is "fixed" by using a gwes.exe from 23049. By doing this, you have the nicer radio buttons as well. I already took care of that in these.

Again, I'm sorry to all of you for my absence here. I just sold my house and moved, and I will be moving again in a few months. However, once things settle here in my temp home I should be back at it for a little bit.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development