PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

Jef Card is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel ROMS (MMS)

Which of the ROM's work fully with an Alltel CDMA Diamond? I have tried Mighty's and Juicies new one and MMS seems disabled. Adding Lennys Arcsoft only seems to make it lag to hell. Back on Stock now but miss Mightys
Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Alltel ROMS (MMS)

A simple search would yield you the answer... but you need to be running Con's if you're an Alltel guy.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

not that its a bad thing, but it seems like the only custom rom us alltel people can use is Con's. I tried the three different versions of Arcosoft for Alltel that I could find, and none of them ever really seem to do anything at all on other custom roms. I wish i knew why...

i got tired of only two choices (Con or stock) so i started playing around with the stock rom until i had a LOT of the garbage cleaned out (all of it, really). then added in things i wanted (new OEMs, my own splash screens, custom xml's, etc) and now i have a pretty customized rom based off of alltel's stock- and my mms still works. i'd say you should take this route if you have the time.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Alltel, Sprint & Verizon MMS has worked fine in my kitchen/ROMs since I added it. My older cabs are floating around somewhere, so I'm sure you can find them if you don't want to change your current ROM. If not, I'll post it

Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

cosmonaut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Card View Post
Which of the ROM's work fully with an Alltel CDMA Diamond? I have tried Mighty's and Juicies new one and MMS seems disabled. Adding Lennys Arcsoft only seems to make it lag to hell. Back on Stock now but miss Mightys
Hey Jef - I'm on Alltel and have been using Mighty's ROMs since 4.0. I had the same problem as you until I stumbled on this post here and corrected the mms server address. The one that had been loaded in with the cab I installed was incorrect. (depending on which MMS cab you're using, ymmv).

I attached the cab I've been using just in case you want to give it a go. I can't remember who posted it originally - Conflipper maybe? - but it works great!

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab (1.94 MB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MP6900AL - Vogue

talk2nate is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to talk2nate

I'm having a similar issue with a Vogue - I'm using Dette's 2.4b1 rom. I've tried DCD's, Lenny's and now the Arcsoft file.. but none of them get my MMS working. Are there any bright ideas out there for me to try?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

cosmonaut is a n00b

Have you checked the MMS server address and port number to make sure they're right? Check my post above for the link to that info.

If it's still not working, then I don't know.

I hope you get it working though - good luck!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker

rainnight is a n00b

Nice! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development