PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: grooveROM 4 [Sprint] WM 6.1 and 6.5 versions [HD Manila & Manila free]

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
Well, that didnt do it. I flashed original sprint rom ,then back, then clear storage. To no avail, comm mgr. severely messed up.
And Im stuck with the old PRL.
you are not stuck with old prl. You can manually update it anytime you want. I posted instructions on how to do this so that you can do this without having to use a rom with the preinstalled "update prl" active. Check out post #172 in this thread. Good luck. Also here is the latest Prl 60651 in case you decide to do the manual prl update method.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 60651.zip (2.7 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you are not stuck with old prl. You can manually update it anytime you want. I posted instructions on how to do this so that you can do this without having to use a rom with the preinstalled "update prl" active. Check out post #172 in this thread. Good luck. Also here is the latest Prl 60651 in case you decide to do the manual prl update method.
Thank you.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thank you.
no problem. I cant recall whether Update Prl works on groove latest release but if it does, you can just do that and 60651 will download. I just updated prl myself and it updated me to this version. Oh well, at least you should know how to do it manually just in case.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
no problem. I cant recall whether Update Prl works on groove latest release but if it does, you can just do that and 60651 will download. I just updated prl myself and it updated me to this version. Oh well, at least you should know how to do it manually just in case.
Manual is the problem I have, when I try to get the msl #, it stopped popping up that file it does that u get the # from. It work the first time I ever did it, after that it wouldnt give it to me anymore. But Ill try the info u gave. Any input on other issues mentioned.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Manual is the problem I have, when I try to get the msl #, it stopped popping up that file it does that u get the # from. It work the first time I ever did it, after that it wouldnt give it to me anymore. But Ill try the info u gave. Any input on other issues mentioned.
Not regarding the comm manager. The flashing to oem shipped first, then flashing back to groove 4 is the correct solution. Sorry but I don't know why this is occuring.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

what are you guys using for screen capture on this rom?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker

subadubdub is a n00b
Email requires SSL for Incoming

I just upgraded my ROM to Groove 4 from stock and I am unable to get my email as I was before. My assumption is that it is because my email at work requires SSL for Incoming e-mail (Gmail works great probably because this is not a requirement). It doesn't look like SSL is built into Groove 4 based on the list of apps. Can someone confirm this and possibly suggest a link to an SSL build (cab) that will seamlessly work with Mail on Groove 4 when installed? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
what are you guys using for screen capture on this rom?
I think the the thing to use is SPB Screenshots, but its not freeware, or come w/ original rom. But there may be somethingelse out there.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by subadubdub View Post
I just upgraded my ROM to Groove 4 from stock and I am unable to get my email as I was before. My assumption is that it is because my email at work requires SSL for Incoming e-mail (Gmail works great probably because this is not a requirement). It doesn't look like SSL is built into Groove 4 based on the list of apps. Can someone confirm this and possibly suggest a link to an SSL build (cab) that will seamlessly work with Mail on Groove 4 when installed? Thanks.
I check an imap account that uses SSL no problem, using the 6.1 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypr9 View Post
Love the new rom its great. Couple of questions though...

Is there a regedit or a way so I can have the internet tab in tf3d just open it up? Ive downloaded the latest version straight from opera but when the tab still doesnt open it up, I have to go into programs to start it.
Opera opens from the tab no problem for me using the 6.1 version.

Quote:
Well, that didnt do it. I flashed original sprint rom ,then back, then clear storage. To no avail, comm mgr. severely messed up.
And Im stuck with the old PRL.
Are you using 6.1 or 6.5? Comm manager works fine with 6.1 for me. Remember 6.5 is still beta.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I check an imap account that uses SSL no problem, using the 6.1 version.

Opera opens from the tab no problem for me using the 6.1 version.

Are you using 6.1 or 6.5? Comm manager works fine with 6.1 for me. Remember 6.5 is still beta.
6.5, but there are differences in some of them, yours a little better , but distorted comm mgr, no scrolling inside emails, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development