PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [070509] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23003 (Build 23003.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

hmm how does one convert a provisioning xml cab to an OEM? i setup all my email, calendar, and wifi settings in a cab with an _setup.xml file. i converted it to an OEM with the xda-dev tut (here) but it doesnt work
Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [070509] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23003 (Build 23003.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
hmm how does one convert a provisioning xml cab to an OEM? i setup all my email, calendar, and wifi settings in a cab with an _setup.xml file. i converted it to an OEM with the xda-dev tut (here) but it doesnt work
If you already have it in a cab, most of the work is done. Just use Ervius Package Creator to do the rest.

Let me dig up a link to RSTG's OEM tutorial for you.

*edit* http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=8

Last edited by Drybonz; 07-06-2009 at 12:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff

i used the ervius package creator, but after putting the created package in my rom, it didnt apply any of the settings
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
i used the ervius package creator, but after putting the created package in my rom, it didnt apply any of the settings
If your cab worked, then the OEM you make from the cab should do exactly the same thing.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

hm i might have done it wrong hte first time. ill try it again!

it looks like rstg also wrote a tut for the prov xml, so ill try to follow that too

thanks

EDIT: still didn't work, dunno why. instead, i used the personal OEMizer and added my settings there. flashing now, but it should work i hope

Last edited by cesium; 07-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well i had a little success with this new kitchen but a lot of stuff to fix all the background stuff betting my oems in there and so on there is lots of work to do

Last edited by madcook; 07-06-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Just gotta say thanks man for the new grooveROM! Just installed it tonight and so far all I see is that YouTube application has no sound in any video that I try playing, but the prior problem of it not coming out of full screen is fixed. Someone else was stating they didn't have sound all together but my ringer works for incoming calls just fine, but I haven't tested an incoming text yet which I pretty sure it will work just fine.

Another good groveROM 5 update, speedy like the rest of them. Great Job!

dja2k
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
If you already have it in a cab, most of the work is done. Just use Ervius Package Creator to do the rest.

Let me dig up a link to RSTG's OEM tutorial for you.

*edit* http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=8
The new visual kitchens do not use the packages quite as the Ervius Package Creator makes them. You can convert the OEM made by it to the new style or make a new style package using the software attached to this post. It should be ok to put it in the \grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\EXT\DIAM500\2300x\DIAM500_External_Package s folder. Make sure to select when building the ROM (double click to change to true). You can also just delete the option.xml from the OEM you created previously and try putting it in the \grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\OEM\DIAM500\0409 folder.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The new visual kitchens do not use the packages quite as the Ervius Package Creator makes them. You can convert the OEM made by it to the new style or make a new style package using the software attached to this post. It should be ok to put it in the \grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\EXT\DIAM500\2300x\DIAM500_External_Package s folder. Make sure to select when building the ROM (double click to change to true). You can also just delete the option.xml from the OEM you created previously and try putting it in the \grooveROM 5 Visual Kitchen\OEM\DIAM500\0409 folder.
Thanks for the link! I did delete option.xml from every converted oem, but i was never able to get a fully booting rom (only the very very first time).

maybe that software will do it!

EDIT: still cant boot. gonna have to try various combos to get a booting rom :-/
EDIT2: its cuz of the provxml and owner info i made thru oemizer argh
EDIT3: i just put the cab in the carrier-sprint OEM folder and added it to the config_operator file, and it instaleld fine. woooot

Last edited by cesium; 07-06-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Scorpion360 is a n00b

Does anyone else have issues with text messaging freezing up? More specifically after sending a message and hitting OK to go back to the Messaging Screen, it will freeze up for 30+ seconds at a time. It seems to happen most with text message threads that are bigger, say 50+ messages?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I searched around but could only find a handful of people with this problem, and even fewer solutions.

I know for a fact this didn't happen with 6.1, however I've tried a variety (6+) 6.5 roms and they've all had this problem although not to the same extent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development