PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Has the Battery gotten any better since device first came out.

i got the diamond when it first came out and got rid of it soon after. the poor battery life was the deal breaker for me. i have searched and found very little on battery life as of recently.

question, did everyone just except the battery as it is and go on with life or has the battery gotten better with custom rom, hacks, ect?

explain if you can.

Thanks, Cody
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor
Re: Has the Battery gotten any better since device first came out.

when i got my battery stock it lasted barely a day with fooling around with it randomly. Now it lasts around 2 and I'm using mighty's rom. I'm also a little smarter on how to conserve.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Random mental flash back:

When I was 12 I picked on a little scrawny kid that lived a few doors down from me. We both got R/C cars for christmas and I was lucky enough to have 2 batteries, I used one while charging the other so the fun never stopped. This kid asked me what I did that my battery lasted so long and I told him that I pissed on it, let it sit for 10 minutes, dried of the excess and that within 5 more minutes the battery would be back up to charge. One hour later he came back to me a little worried that his battery wasn't working and a really smelly R/C car. Needless to say he when screaming back home and I had to wash a few cars to make enough money to buy him a new battery.

Yes pointless story I know, just had a massive brain fart after a greasy late lunch.

In reply to the OP's concerns, yes, custom ROM's, updates and reg tweaks that have been thrown around by the chefs in here have made pretty substantial improvements to battery life. But you can't cover the sun with your hand. It really depends on the usage you give to your phone. I can use my phone all day standing by, receiving calls, making some calls when I'm on the road, push mail on 7am-7pm (receive about 50-60 e-mails a day, reply mostly from my laptop though), check my g-mail and facebook during lunch, talk to my G/F over txts and the phone can survive the entire work day pretty well. By 7pm I need to hunt for a charger but being at the office or in the car mostly I always have a charger nearby.

Now... Sit down and start watching sprint TV, youtube a lot, browse constantly with 5 tabs open, use your GPS and WiFi and the battery won't last you more than 2 hours. Its all about moderation.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

I would recommend trying any ROM based on Calcu's 4.2 kitchen. I got 57 MAh draw at idle overnight with a mail pull every 60 minutes. Right now, I'm running BT to my stereo system from it and have an average of 142 MAh draw over the past two hours.

What this represents is a huge improvement of battery life, even against more recent ROMs, where I could easily run 300 MAh without the BT on.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development