PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51868)

Glossman 01-05-2009 01:34 PM

Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases

I'm looking for a handful (5 -6) of brave folks who are willing to Beta test future releases of Blue ROM and other interesting things that I have coming down the pipe.

I've been cooking ROMs personally for quite a while, but the Blue ROMs are my first public releases. After a few early glitches, the series has been quite successful.

In order to prevent future bugs from getting into the community, I've decided to implement a process, in which one phase is a 1 or 2 day beta for every public release candidate.

So, if you're interested, please shoot me a PM.

I do ask that you keep the following things in mind:

1. This is bleeding edge stuff. When you get a build from me for Beta testing, it only means that I didn't have any major issues on MY phone. This, of course, doesn't mean that you won't see issues with yours. That's the idea behind Beta...To make sure the ROM works under a wide variety of circumstances.

2. When reporting an issue or incident, you will need to provide details about what you were doing when it surfaced, any additional programs you've added to the phone, and indicate the steps to reproduce the bug.

3. I ask that volunteers have at least a basic aptitude for flashing and some knowledge of ROM cooking. You don't need to be an expert, I just need you to know enough so I don't have to tell you to let the UCs run!

So, if none of this scares you off, please PM me, and I'll give you more details.

sgc144 01-27-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases

im in if you need people, i try to be as tech savy as possible but some of this is new to me. Let me know

Glossman 01-27-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc144 (Post 671508)
im in if you need people, i try to be as tech savy as possible but some of this is new to me. Let me know

Thanks for responding!

Since I didn't get a lot responses here, I'm simply labelling my beta-like stuff as Test ROMs.

Edit: looks like you already downloaded it, i.e. Exchange Issue.

ratman24 01-27-2009 06:34 PM

ill be a test subject im in 2

Glossman 01-27-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratman24 (Post 671539)
ill be a test subject im in 2

If you want, download the Red ROM AS 1.03 Test ROM. It's basically a public beta. The link can be found beow. For now, it's Sprint-only.

ratman24 01-27-2009 07:12 PM

already on it

dr_don 01-27-2009 07:17 PM

this sounds fun

2k4mach 01-27-2009 07:23 PM

im in for some beta testing.

im no expert, but ive done some cooking and what not for previous phones, and even a little on the diamond

Glossman 01-27-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k4mach (Post 671631)
im in for some beta testing.

im no expert, but ive done some cooking and what not for previous phones, and even a little on the diamond

Thanks for responding!

Since you're already running Red ROM, you're part way there. Just be sure post or PM me with any issues you may be having.

dr_don 01-27-2009 07:46 PM

:protest:You mean this thread was an invitation to test a rom in another thread? I don't know if I wanna do it now. I though it was a private cutting edge rom.