PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51868)

Glossman 01-27-2009 07:52 PM

Re: Attention ROM Junkies: Beta Testers Needed for Future ROM Releases

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_don (Post 671684)
:protest:You mean this thread was an invitation to test a rom in another thread? I don't know if I wanna do it now. I though it was a private cutting edge rom.

It was, originally to be a private test. But no one responded when it was originally posted on 1/5, so I changed my format to a public Beta. This thread came to the top of the forum today when sgc144 found it and posted. Please don't hold that against me.

Anyway, it is cutting edge, but it's just not private.

dr_don 01-27-2009 07:56 PM

I was just so pumped, i guess i'll still try it when i get home. :) You gotta give these things time to work, I usually only log on 1-2times per week in the evening. no worries mate!

Glossman 01-27-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_don (Post 671713)
I was just so pumped, i guess i'll still try it when i get home. :) You gotta give these things time to work, I usually only log on 1-2times per week in the evening. no worries mate!

Thanks for understanding!

Juicy47 01-27-2009 08:29 PM

What are the bleeding edge changes? (XIP/Kernel/etc.) Or are there changes that may simply just make things unstable?

Glossman 01-27-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 671802)
What are the bleeding edge changes? (XIP/Kernel/etc.) Or are there changes that may simply just make things unstable?

Good question. This build descended from early non-released builds in which I experimented with placement and usage of various files. I'm looking to lighten the memory load, so I also did some work in some of the OEMs to see if I could eliminate some fat. I've had some good results, but I've also had some inconsistent and unstable builds. Also, I never realized just how easy it is to wind up with a non-bootable ROM. In other words, just because G'Reloc ran, it doens't mean it's gonna boot!

Juicy47 01-27-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 671842)
Good question. This build descended from early non-released builds in which I experimented with placement and usage of various files. I'm looking to lighten the memory load, so I also did some work in some of the OEMs to see if I could eliminate some fat. I've had some good results, but I've also had some inconsistent and unstable builds. Also, I never realized just how easy it is to wind up with a non-bootable ROM. In other words, just because G'Reloc ran, it doens't mean it's gonna boot!

usually non-booting is b/c of (in particular order) XIP, .ROM, .VM failure to run PROVXMLS, or something else in SYS .... usually not OEM unless it is a crucial driver

nub4life 01-28-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 672175)
usually non-booting is b/c of (in particular order) XIP, .ROM, .VM failure to run PROVXMLS, or something else in SYS .... usually not OEM unless it is a crucial driver

Sorry to take this post offtopic, but Juicy, I miss you!!! :mrgreen:

rstoyguy 01-28-2009 09:40 AM

Am I too late? :) I'll have some time saturday, I plan on checking out a few of the other roms...

Glossman 01-28-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 672960)
Am I too late? :) I'll have some time saturday, I plan on checking out a few of the other roms...

I'm honored that you would even take the time to look at my ROM! :)

Hopefully by Saturday, I'll have it a little further along in terms of fixing the few bugs that have been found so far!