PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

thanks ill add that to my flash dance.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER02 View Post
pliss

was unlocking my phone (the HTC Touch Pro 2 <Verizon>) and I was using a Diamond unlocker (I thought it would be fine), but during the process there was a connection error and now my phone seems to be bricked. I can't get it to even turn on, get to a bootloader screen, or anything even remotely close.
The one odd thing that it does though, is when I connect it to my computer, it pops up and my computer recognizes there is a device there. In my Device Manager there is an unknown device called: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM. I have tried every combination of two buttons, including holding down the reset button with all of them, but nothing gets me anywhere.
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any more information.
Not sure what to tell you. I don't really know what that unlocker could have done when used on the wrong phone. Since your desktop computer still sees a CDMA device, you may be able to access it with an app called mtty. Look for that on XDA-Developers.com. You'll need to find out what commands to send to the device, but I think it's your only shot at rescuing your TP2.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b

I've been using the enter button to try to trigger bootloader. It has never worked for me.

I tried the arrow button, and IT WORKED!

THANKS ALOT MAN!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: kpn

holymackrel is a n00b

Hi,

I think I did something stupide. I followed the upper procces for unlocking my HTC touch pro. Now it's dead, it doesn't respond on anything. I tried al the combinations for a hard reset/soft reset, but no response. Please help!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddeh View Post
I've been using the enter button to try to trigger bootloader. It has never worked for me.

I tried the arrow button, and IT WORKED!

THANKS ALOT MAN!
Glad it helped you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymackrel View Post
Hi,

I think I did something stupide. I followed the upper procces for unlocking my HTC touch pro. Now it's dead, it doesn't respond on anything. I tried al the combinations for a hard reset/soft reset, but no response. Please help!
Not sure why it would have killed it. There shouldn't be any combination of keys that should cause that.

Try removing the battery for a couple of minutes, then try it again.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mnxd9 is a n00b

Yuck, I knew I was in a little trouble, but this guide worked perfect, should've paid more attention to the rom files, it was apparent they were botched somewhere in the unzipping....

Big time thanks!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: TELUS

sraman is a n00b

You are a genius. Thanks a million.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:34 AM
rhdph

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thank you so much!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

amathophobia is a n00b

i got a bad flash on my diamond. most of the time it hangs at the boot screen but sometimes it will load. my problem is that the phone no longer wants to be recognized when i plug a usb cord in. if it is booted the phone asks what i want to do but whatever i choose doesnt make a difference. activesync wont see it and it wont show up as a mass storage device either. i have a rom on the internal storage but it is the one that semi bricked my phone. if i try and connect in the bootloader screen it just says serial at the bottom and the ruu flasher will not see it. it just errors out with a usb connection failure. ive tried different usb cords and inputs on my computer. im running out of ideas here. any input would be appreciated. just to note: usb connection worked fine before bad flash and the phone has no problem charging from usb. also when it does boot into the os it is only functional for a few minutes. i have to reflash bad rom from internal storage to get past boot screen after phone locks up.

Last edited by amathophobia; 04-10-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: more pertainent info
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seahurst is a n00b

just wanted to let you know... YOUR POST SAVED MY DAY!!!
Sea

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development