PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Messages won't ope

I am using Calcu's 4.2 kitchen and have gotten everything perfect except for one issue that I was ignoring till the end.

I cannot open any message. Whether it be text, picture, or email. It just won't open and I can't reply. It shows up in the messaging tab and the messaging program but I can't do anything with it. I tried uninstalling arcsoft, cooking it without it and just about anything else I can think of. Just hoping someone has an answer here. Someone usually does. Thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: Messages won't open

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor View Post
I am using Calcu's 4.2 kitchen and have gotten everything perfect except for one issue that I was ignoring till the end.

I cannot open any message. Whether it be text, picture, or email. It just won't open and I can't reply. It shows up in the messaging tab and the messaging program but I can't do anything with it. I tried uninstalling arcsoft, cooking it without it and just about anything else I can think of. Just hoping someone has an answer here. Someone usually does. Thanks
Try an older sys, and see if it solves your problem. Then you can start narrowing it down. I'd bet $20 your issue is in SYS/BaseApps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

disregard, sorry.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Try an older sys, and see if it solves your problem. Then you can start narrowing it down. I'd bet $20 your issue is in SYS/BaseApps.
Would it maybe fix it if I just replace the BaseApps folders or do I need to replace the whole SYS?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Would it maybe fix it if I just replace the BaseApps folders or do I need to replace the whole SYS?
I would try replacing the whole sys first myself, so that you can be sure that is actually the issue before you go trying to build a custom sys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I would try replacing the whole sys first myself, so that you can be sure that is actually the issue before you go trying to build a custom sys.
That unfortunately still didn't work. I replaced the 21109 SYS with 20954 and it just wouldn't boot. Then I just swapped the BaseApps folder and it still wouldn't open any message. I have tried unchecking just about everything in buildos and it still won't work. I even redownloaded the 4.2 kitchen and cooked a rom without changing a thing in any folder and still had the same problem. Maybe I should take this over to the Calcu thread. Right now I am dumping the leaked rom and just go about it that way unless I can figure this mess out. Thanks

Last edited by Jmz; 01-20-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

The problem is either something extra you are installing or the manila itself because I have never had this issue, if it was a SYS issue, everyone using the kitchen would be reporting it, so try using the kitchen as it comes and see if the issue is there

Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
The problem is either something extra you are installing or the manila itself because I have never had this issue, if it was a SYS issue, everyone using the kitchen would be reporting it, so try using the kitchen as it comes and see if the issue is there
Would manila cause it? I mean I can get into the list of text message or emails but I cannot open them. I have download the new kitchen, and cooked a rom without touching a single folder with the same results. I'm not blaming your kitchen at all. Your kitchen is the only one I use.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Would manila cause it? I mean I can get into the list of text message or emails but I cannot open them. I have download the new kitchen, and cooked a rom without touching a single folder with the same results. I'm not blaming your kitchen at all. Your kitchen is the only one I use.
I don't use any manila with Calcu's kitchen and don't have any issue with messaging at all. Nautica is having a messaging issue, too.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Nautica had issues with the Telus manila, which is what I'm flashing now with to see. So will see in the next couple of mins if the issue is the manila

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development