PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yangers is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera 9.5 Build 2745 VGA WWE from XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I tried to install this on my diamond but it keeps saying that the install was unsuccessful. Anyone install this yet?
Make sure you have all the Opera process terminated you can use MemMaid or any other serious task manager. Seems like opera has a pre-load service running in the background to help the loading process.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ill check and see. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:33 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

I posted his OEM in my older opera thread last night. So if you would like a VGA oem of this build get it there. I have tested it for the past 12 hours now.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...466#post482466

Last edited by conflipper; 11-04-2008 at 01:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK so I finally got it to do something but now it is saying it doesnt have the proper system permissions to install. Any idea?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If opera is cooked in to the rom already, it might not be able to overwrite some files. Ask your cook to update their rom
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Looks like exactly the same filename as the 1st post. Am I missing something?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Installed fine for me, had to close the opera9.exe process and it ran without a hitch. Soft Reset to get java working again and it seems to be working normally.

Things I've noticed:

-No splash screen
-When in fullscreen and tapping the lower right corner to get the address bar and menu buttons the title bar remains transparent for a few seconds, kinda' annoying but hasn't affected performance perse in any noticeable way.

Other than that it seems to work fine without any issues, haven't noticed much in the way of improvements.

FYI, I'm on Juicy's 2.6 Sprint ROM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

works fine for me on Juicy's ROM too just installed it and it overwrote it. If youre getting errors you have some opera process running thats preventing access to the files.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How's this Opera been working for everyone? I hammered a lot on it yesterday, decided to leave my laptop in the office cuz I was beat up.

I used it all night to browse my tech news sites, IGN, BluesNews and to log in to some of my server web services and I noticed that it would close unexpectedly randomly. Anyone else observe this behavior?

I'm gonna cook my ROM again with the previous Opera version to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Lurker

noobified is a n00b

I installed this on my stock Sprint ROM with no issues. How do I fix the zoom though? Double tapping the screen hardly zooms at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development