PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATED* [11-19-08] Juicy ROM 3.5.1 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19974.1.2.3] [UC]

i was doing some sniffing around and the alltel rom uses the GPSAuth.dll driver that VZW uses. and juicy is on the alltel sys/xip so i believe this is the issue. the GPSAuth driver basically does what it says it denies or allows access to the gps hardware. i know VZW locks there gps so only a few apps can use it freely. that way you have to buy there navagation software rather then using your own.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-19-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATED* [11-19-08] Juicy ROM 3.5.1 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19974.1.2.3] [UC]

Interesting. I am on Sprint with 3.5.1 and the GPS works flawlessly using Garmin XT and Google Maps.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
Interesting. I am on Sprint with 3.5.1 and the GPS works flawlessly using Garmin XT and Google Maps.
well now that throws my theory out the window. guess the driver is there its just not active
Old 11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i was doing some sniffing around and the alltel rom uses the GPSAuth.dll driver that VZW uses. and juicy is on the alltel sys/xip so i believe this is the issue. the GPSAuth driver basically does what it says it denies or allows access to the gps hardware. i know VZW locks there gps so only a few apps can use it freely. that way you have to buy there navagation software rather then using your own.

What a crock! lol. Now how come in previous releases TT7 worked just fine? For instance, I reverted back to 3.2 and TT7 works fine with it.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I did do a hard reset after flashing. Not that that would necessarily make a difference, but I thought I would put that out there.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
What a crock! lol. Now how come in previous releases TT7 worked just fine? For instance, I reverted back to 3.2 and TT7 works fine with it.
see i dont know i was just throwing my therory out there... it would appear that its been debunked any how as another users has garmin working on 3.5.1

Quote:
yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I did do a hard reset after flashing. Not that that would necessarily make a difference, but I thought I would put that out there.
Hard resets make a difference thats why we suggest doing them after every flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im gonna go back to 3.5.1 and do some piddling with tt7. Ill let you know if i find anything.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
N00b

loosecannon511 is a n00b

which is more worth it from your guys' pespective. as far as more tweaks, features, performance, batt life, etc..

juicy's new rom vs no2chem's new nue rom ? seeing that i narrowed it down to these two.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hard resetting didn't make a difference with tt7.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecannon511 View Post
which is more worth it from your guys' pespective. as far as more tweaks, features, performance, batt life, etc..

juicy's new rom vs no2chem's new nue rom ? seeing that i narrowed it down to these two.

Lol you asked that in a Juicy thread? JUICY OF COURSE!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development