PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 AM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint and the occasional headaches
Threadstarter

a2k is keeping up the good worka2k is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10/03/08] Sprint Diamond A2K ROM 1.0 w/Sashimi AutoInstaller Support 5.2.20755

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
Going to test this tonight! I appreciate the work that you have put into this ROM. Thank you.

I don't think you mentioned this, but I think you should let people know the ROMs PP is 16MB.
You're right, I've updated above, thanks!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:12 AM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: [10/03/08] Sprint Diamond A2K ROM 1.0 w/Sashimi AutoInstaller Support 5.2.20755

Quote:
I found a bug with programs being listed twice. It can be fixed really easily.

The HTC Launch Program lists Calendar, Contacts, File Explorer, Notes and Tasks twice. You can fix this by going into the Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, and removing the above entries.

Same thing for Quick GPS. Just remove the shortcut in Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Connectivity.
As designed, this was intentional as I had the same links in different folders (my personal preference) But as others might find it confusing, I will address in 1.1.

Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work
Re: [10/04/08] Diamond A2K ROM 1.1 w/Sashimi AutoInstaller Support 5.2.20755 16MB/PP

I am getting some shell32.exe errors sometimes. This happened when I changed the wallpaper, and also while having Opera and Resco Radio open at the same time. Opera froze completely when I was on a website trying to log into a website, and has also closed completely on me a few times. The problem with Opera freezing / closing down don't seem to be isolated just to this ROM, as it has happened on several other ROMs as well.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 AM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: [10/04/08] Diamond A2K ROM 1.1 w/Sashimi AutoInstaller Support 5.2.20755 16MB/PP

Quote:
I am getting some shell32.exe errors sometimes. This happened when I changed the wallpaper, and also while having Opera and Resco Radio open at the same time. Opera froze completely when I was on a website trying to log into a website, and has also closed completely on me a few times. The problem with Opera freezing / closing down don't seem to be isolated just to this ROM, as it has happened on several other ROMs as well.
Thanks for the feedback sn0b0ard. I'm attempting to duplicate the anomalies and will keep everyone informed.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

any chance of getting screen shots with avail ram after a flash...etc...why is if your rom is so clean is it over 100mb in size? most other roms are between 89-92mb in size

Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
any chance of getting screen shots with avail ram after a flash...etc...why is if your rom is so clean is it over 100mb in size? most other roms are between 89-92mb in size
You bet, I was planning on doin so as soon as I time permitted. As for the size, I choose to include OneNote & Adobe PDF Mobile along with Office, I also didn't remove transcriber which would have reduced the size considerably.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

you going to build without those 3 elements? personally i dont use either of them...picture mail and office are really all i use from the core rom...everthing else is 3rd party. hence my desire for clear and simple
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

This ROM has pretty good battery life (much better than Sprint stock). It is a very fast ROM, although it seems to be kind of unstable.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 PM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
you going to build without those 3 elements? personally i dont use either of them...picture mail and office are really all i use from the core rom...everthing else is 3rd party. hence my desire for clear and simple
We'll see what we can do
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
This ROM has pretty good battery life (much better than Sprint stock). It is a very fast ROM, although it seems to be kind of unstable.
I'm finding that most related anomalies are Opera related, in version 1.2 I will be rolling back to a previous build to see how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development