PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

billo0071 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/20/08] Juicy ROM 2.0 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
this is really unacceptable. BATTERY LIFE SUCKS ON 2.0. i went at 12pm to open a new account on a bank, while waiting with battery life at 85%, starting texting a few of my friends (no calling, no data) 1 hour later (1pm) came back to work battery life at 30%. no (GPS, DATA, CALLING) this happen after update to 2.0 (1.1 did not give me this battery drain) might go go back to sprint stock rom if things are going this way.
Battery life on 2.0 is amazing for me used phone all day yesterday by 2 am this morning still had 30%. So you may have other issues. The rom is being made available to free of charge when you pay for something you can use the words "unacceptable" This rom was developed for the telus diamond. Be patient.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
this is really unacceptable. BATTERY LIFE SUCKS ON 2.0. i went at 12pm to open a new account on a bank, while waiting with battery life at 85%, starting texting a few of my friends (no calling, no data) 1 hour later (1pm) came back to work battery life at 30%. no (GPS, DATA, CALLING) this happen after update to 2.0 (1.1 did not give me this battery drain) might go go back to sprint stock rom if things are going this way.
this is due to a roaming issue because you have not waited for the sprint rom like we have been suggesting

dont feel bad telus users have been getting poor battery life relative to this, but sprint users i can see it being far worse. this issues has been found and fixed by me and will be in the 2.1 rom. I know the srpint guys will be having way more issues on this roaming issue because i was by the boarder all weekend and the roaming issue drove me NUTS and smoked my battery 3 times in 2 days.

2.1 will be released for telus and if its bug free a sprint rom will be built off the telus rom.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
this is due to a roaming issue because you have not waited for the sprint rom like we have been suggesting

dont feel bad telus users have been getting poor batter life relative to this, but sprint users i can see it being far worse. this issues has been found and fixed by me and will be in the 2.1 rom. I know the srpint guys will be having way more issues on this roaming issue because i was by the boarder all weekend and the roaming issue drove me NUTS and smoked my batter 3 times in 2 days.

2.1 will be released for telus and if its bug free a sprint rom will be built off the telus rom.
alright, this might be the problem since for the entire time signal was in ROAMING 1X. but it did drain the battery right off the bat, i'm sorry to call this unacceptable but i was piss up. if 2.1 telus rom is release, will this fix the roaming battery problem with the sprint version (even though is a telus rom). when can we expect 2.1 (days, weeks?)

Last edited by eduardmc; 09-22-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
alright, this might be the problem since for the entire time signal was in ROAMING 1X. but it did drain the battery right off the bat, i'm sorry to call this unacceptable but i was piss up. if 2.1 telus rom is release, will this fix the roaming battery problem with the sprint version (even though is a telus rom)
i cant guarantee that it will but it may.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

that's why this rom is for telus! wait for a sprint release!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ReLLiK75 is a n00b

Using it on the Sprint Diamond and no issues with battery life for me. But then again, I haven't had my phone go to roaming because I get strong signal where I'm at.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLLiK75 View Post
Using it on the Sprint Diamond and no issues with battery life for me. But then again, I haven't had my phone go to roaming because I get strong signal where I'm at.
exactly if you can stay out of roaming then its fine. once you get near it you get a whole bunch of "searching for network" to "roaming" to "home network" this kills the battery very fast when its cycling back and forth in 5-10 sec intervals.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

I have not been roaming and I can say that the battery life on the 2.0 ROM is fantastic.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work

Just quickly pressing the power button. I guess I should never have used the word sleep - just standby. Sorry about any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
how are you putting your device to sleep? just so i can try.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saflang View Post
Just quickly pressing the power button. I guess I should never have used the word sleep - just standby. Sorry about any confusion.
my device shuts the back light off every time. i tried standing in the basement of my office no light no natural light and i cannot see any suggestion that the back light is still on by pressing the power button to go to stand by
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development