PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)

adrian2pm 10-27-2008 11:20 PM

Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing

does it matter what order i do it? relock first then stock rom?

puff 10-27-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian2pm (Post 480358)
does it matter what order i do it? relock first then stock rom?

I personally would flash stock rom first, then re-lock... but it shouldn't matter which order

Trident 11-26-2008 06:32 PM

Ensure that you have .NET Framework 3.5 (Will be in add/remove software).
A very good idea to read.
I've been getting frustrated for a few hours because none of the unlocking procedures was working.
So I re-read the instructions and went through each one carefully. Lo and behold, I didn't have .NET3.5 installed. What a surprise- I just had to reload Windows and after all the updates, that wasn't included.
I thought I'd have some good news after downloading and installing, but I'm still getting the same error. I never get past 0% after it starts to update. Nothing changes on the device.
ERROR [202]: CONNECTION
I'm going to reboot the computer and the Diamond and see if that helps.
----------------
Reset Diamond and PC. .NET3.5 installed.
I'm stumped.
--------------
Don't know what I did differently, but after a few more attempts, it seems to have worked. Strange. I got to the point where it says it was security unlocked, but my device information is still there. Is that possible?
And when I just tried to flash the new Juicy ROM, it failed.

Trident 12-04-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leer125 (Post 558185)
Can I use this for a Sprint HTC PRO?

Dave

NO.
I believe there are unlockers in the TouchPro thread.
Everyone has been emphatic that these are for the Diamond/Victor ONLY.

puff 12-04-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyzic (Post 558591)
hi

i am trying to find a way to unlock my telus cdma touch pro without using xp or vista, as i only have windows 2000 and ubuntu

haven't found anything yet...any suggestions? i searched and came up with nothing

AFAIK none exist currently, however you could try...

1) emulate the required OS and attempt to install via VM
2) find an XP/Vista machine to do the install
3) install XP/Vista on your machine
4) wait for another method to be developed
5) develop said method for everyone else :D

tobeychris 12-07-2008 03:06 AM

I'm currently uploading four files to the FTP.

1. Telus Shipped ROM, full name: _HTC Touch Diamond (TELUS)_VICTOR_C_TELUS_WWE_1.10.661.41_RS_1.04.05V _NV_1.45_PRL08085_Ship.exe.

2. New Telus Stock ROM, OS extraction of the above shipped ROM (only OS, no Radio, SPL or Splash Screens).

3. Sprint Shipped ROM, full name: RUU_VICTOR_C_SPRINT_WWE_PPST_1.09.651.5_Radio_1.00 .00F_NV_1.44_Ship.exe.

4. New Sprint Stock ROM, OS extraction of the above shipped ROM (only OS, no Radio, SPL or Splash Screens).

I have also deleted the old versions as they were not actually stock, but compiled ROMs by us (some of the more experienced), and did not, in fact, have completely stock components.

These file should be ready in the morning, if they're not, please don't complain, they'll be ready when they're in the first post.

robertrocha 01-24-2009 01:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i want to go slow im nervous about flashing my ROM, right now i just want to change my splash screen. Is it possible to just flash a new splash screen without changing the rest of my ROM ?? I have been reading for days... and still a bit confused... i have the new splash i want... "python eyes" by Windoze9t8 and it's in .nbh format, i'll post it for anyone who might like it too. i have cmonex spl and diamond RUU ... i just want to make sure im not going to change anything else besides the splash... it's an Alltel phone:
ROM: 1.13.671.2 date: 09/12/08
Radio: 1.03.13F
OS: 5.2.19972 Build: 19972.1.2.7 thanks for any help so i dont F this thing up... Big Thanks to Cmonex, Toby, Olipro, and all the other Devs that bring us all this cool sh*t to turn our phones into little works of art. I'll be donating as soon as i pay off the bank debit for the phone :mrgreen:

EDIT NOTE: my pc is running windows 7 build 6801 ... you think ill have any issues with SPL or RUU ? or should i use another pc that has xp on it ?

patric 01-30-2009 06:26 AM

Re: htc diamond dead

i tried to unlock my gsm htc diamond using this solution http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
now my phone is totaly dead and can't enter to bootloader
any solution to repair it
thx

puff 02-10-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyxxx (Post 705063)
First, thx 4 the awsome page. Since this is the how to thread I wanted to know how to upgrade my radio?

This is the wrong thread.

That being said I will offer you the following advise:

1) Flashing a Radio is done the SAME WAY as flashing a ROM
2) My preferred method is using the SD Card (for you diamond users it would be Flashing from the internal storage)

COGnosticator 02-11-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slacker76 (Post 706669)
what are you guy using to open the rar files? Also,what does it mean to drag the ruu_signed.nbh into the ruu? iI cant seen to drag or copy and past anything in those files.

I use this free rar:

http://www.download.com/Free-RAR-Ext...html?tag=mncol

I also followed these instructions for the ruu part:

http://modmydiamond.info/index.php?o...1&limitstart=4