PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   4/20-FearlessROM-2.5/Dusk,WinDroid,GTX Themes/DualBoot-Android Tutorial/21901,23563) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109202)

shaned197 02-17-2010 10:19 PM

Re: 2/11/2010-FearlessROM-Sense2.1/2.5 Dual boot Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,2801

Not sure if its just my computer but every time I try to download the most recent android file from megaupload.. both my internet explorer and firefox close abruptly. Not sure if there is something wrong with the site or the attachment or just my computer?

fr3sh_t0_d3f 02-17-2010 10:23 PM

Re: 2/11/2010-FearlessROM-Sense2.1/2.5 Dual boot Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,2801

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaned197 (Post 1573422)
Not sure if its just my computer but every time I try to download the most recent android file from megaupload.. both my internet explorer and firefox close abruptly. Not sure if there is something wrong with the site or the attachment or just my computer?

I just tried it myself to see if it does this and it doesn't so you mite want to try to reboot your cpu

shaned197 02-17-2010 11:56 PM

Yep definitely put a virus on my computer... not sure what caused it but it is now opening internet explorer tabs every minute or so. Maybe a virus from mega upload website?

Trying to purge it with Mcafee lol!

Also, not sure if any one else ever ran into this problem but my phone won't vibrate any more. Usually vibrates after soft reset and usually vibrates in android. Now phone will never vibrate, ever. Any ideas on what could of caused that?

fr3sh_t0_d3f 02-18-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaned197 (Post 1573617)
Yep definitely put a virus on my computer... not sure what caused it but it is now opening internet explorer tabs every minute or so. Maybe a virus from mega upload website?

Trying to purge it with Mcafee lol!

Also, not sure if any one else ever ran into this problem but my phone won't vibrate any more. Usually vibrates after soft reset and usually vibrates in android. Now phone will never vibrate, ever. Any ideas on what could of caused that?

lol im pretty sure megaupload didn give u a virus. but anyways i haven't ran into that problem. maybe a hard reset is in order. Im about done with manila 2.5 2012 which i have added alot of updates for. Running really good. Very close to being done in which i will update 21890 to 21892 and 28014 to 23529. Major Major updates for both 6.5 and 6.5.x

Edit: Keeping 28014 as i find it more stable and faster than 23529

denisk 02-18-2010 01:49 AM

Holy crap, radio works on android now?!

Hooray! I finally get to ditch windows!
Thanks for making a dual boot, it probably would of been the only way I would of found out about android (basically) fully working.

fr3sh_t0_d3f 02-18-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denisk (Post 1573829)
Holy crap, radio works on android now?!

Hooray! I finally get to ditch windows!
Thanks for making a dual boot, it probably would of been the only way I would of found out about android (basically) fully working.

LOL..No problem

jakewill 02-18-2010 02:16 AM

Re: 2/17/2010-FearlessROM-Sense2.1/2.5 Dual boot Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,2801

Thanks! Fresh_to_Def and MrPippy, and the other guys at XDA have put together an amazingly well-ported version of Android! I really appreciate this, as it is a HUGE addition to my already-amazing Diamond.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks, and it is now my go-to phone OS. I hate using Windows Mobile, now. I still love my Diamond, and I also still love Windows Mobile, as I have a choice as to which OS I run! You don't see that on the Moto Droid, Nexus One, or iPhone! Anyway, I'll give my pros and cons on Android so others can better understand the animal that is DiamonDroid!

Pros:
Gmail Integration is much better/faster than WinMo Gmail Sync
Exchange support - Can run alongside Google sync (i.e. Exchange account AND Google Account!)
Google Calendar
Gmail Contacts + Facebook integration :)
GoogleVoice integration is AWESOME. I had been religiously using iContact and iDialer in WinMo, but after installing the GoogleVoice app, every call I make asks if I want to call with or without GV. I can also GV text on the fly and receive GV text notifications!
VoiceDialer - dials numbers, contacts, opens apps, etc.
Direct dial or text contact - similar to Manila 2.5's shortcuts feature.
Voice-driven Google search - so handy
Pandora - Nice clean sound quality, quick sync, no probs, plus a home screen widget! (Side note -- my plug-in headphone dongle adapter doesn't work for 3.5mm sound out, yet. Not a deal breaker, but would be AMAZING if it worked. Road trip, anyone?)
AppAlarm - Starts a Pandora station as a radio alarm. SWEET.

Cons:
Wifi on/off is flakey at best (I know they're working on it, though)
No GPS
No headphone dongle
No Camera/Video
Short battery life
No Bluetooth
Not rooted? (I tried download a wifi tethering app that is supposed to work on rooted phones, but it popped up saying my phone hadn't been rooted, yet. I know nothing about the Android infrastructure, but I'm guessing that making this Android think it is "rooted" could open up a LOT of open-source apps.)

That's it. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of all things on my cons list, but now it's out there for the world to see (again, likely).

I hope others find as much use for this Android port as I have. It is definitely my primetime phone OS, now. I use it daily, mainly for GoogleVoice calls and Gmail.

THANKS DEVS!

jakewill

fr3sh_t0_d3f 02-18-2010 02:47 AM

Re: 2/17/2010-FearlessROM-Sense2.1/2.5 Dual boot Android-(WM 6.5,6.5.x/SYS 21890,2801

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakewill (Post 1573870)
Thanks! Fresh_to_Def and MrPippy, and the other guys at XDA have put together an amazingly well-ported version of Android! I really appreciate this, as it is a HUGE addition to my already-amazing Diamond.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks, and it is now my go-to phone OS. I hate using Windows Mobile, now. I still love my Diamond, and I also still love Windows Mobile, as I have a choice as to which OS I run! You don't see that on the Moto Droid, Nexus One, or iPhone! Anyway, I'll give my pros and cons on Android so others can better understand the animal that is DiamonDroid!

Pros:
Gmail Integration is much better/faster than WinMo Gmail Sync
Exchange support - Can run alongside Google sync (i.e. Exchange account AND Google Account!)
Google Calendar
Gmail Contacts + Facebook integration :)
GoogleVoice integration is AWESOME. I had been religiously using iContact and iDialer in WinMo, but after installing the GoogleVoice app, every call I make asks if I want to call with or without GV. I can also GV text on the fly and receive GV text notifications!
VoiceDialer - dials numbers, contacts, opens apps, etc.
Direct dial or text contact - similar to Manila 2.5's shortcuts feature.
Voice-driven Google search - so handy
Pandora - Nice clean sound quality, quick sync, no probs, plus a home screen widget! (Side note -- my plug-in headphone dongle adapter doesn't work for 3.5mm sound out, yet. Not a deal breaker, but would be AMAZING if it worked. Road trip, anyone?)
AppAlarm - Starts a Pandora station as a radio alarm. SWEET.

Cons:
Wifi on/off is flakey at best (I know they're working on it, though)
No GPS
No headphone dongle
No Camera/Video
Short battery life
No Bluetooth
Not rooted? (I tried download a wifi tethering app that is supposed to work on rooted phones, but it popped up saying my phone hadn't been rooted, yet. I know nothing about the Android infrastructure, but I'm guessing that making this Android think it is "rooted" could open up a LOT of open-source apps.)

That's it. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of all things on my cons list, but now it's out there for the world to see (again, likely).

I hope others find as much use for this Android port as I have. It is definitely my primetime phone OS, now. I use it daily, mainly for GoogleVoice calls and Gmail.

THANKS DEVS!

jakewill

all love is appreciated and thank you for this list. This will help clear up alot of questions.:headbang:

toenail 02-18-2010 03:27 AM

i love android but the only thing holding me back is android not having a sirius app.. thats the only reason i am still using winmo cause i have to have my daily howard fix :evil4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ymspira (Post 1572495)
My ActiveSync is still not working to import my contacts

try flashing to a different rom, the activesync issue has nothing to do with the android build

fr3sh_t0_d3f 02-18-2010 05:59 AM

Re: 2/18/-FearlessROM-Sense2.1/2.5 With Ported 2012 Build /DualBoot-Android/21890,280

Major UPDATE....Manila 2.5 Build 2012 Uploaded.