PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond maybe?
Carrier: alltel

gruss is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gruss Send a message via Yahoo to gruss
Re: Is it worth 2 early termination fees to switch to sprint?That's a good chunka cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
-will have to get a super-expensive verizon plan with less minutes when i need to upgrade
You don't have to get a new plan to get a new phone, your current plan will remain in effect. I imagine eventually vzw will try to force us off our plans but it wont be in the immediate future. You can upgrade your phone when its up and not worry about it unless you bought the phone outright and "tricked" alltel into thinking its a dumbphone or something like that.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon
Threadstarter

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work
Re: Is it worth 2 early termination fees to switch to sprint?That's a good chunka cha

i see, hopefully that's what our stores are doing...
Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond maybe?
Carrier: alltel

gruss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to gruss Send a message via Yahoo to gruss

I've been pretty torqued at the vzw reps I've talked to demanding you get a new plan, in the chat in the store etc., but talked to our old Alltel rep who went to vzw and he confirmed and also looked on the website today now that its changed over and I can grab a new phone with no mention of a different plan. I"m not sure if there was a lot of confusion, or if it was cluelessness or plain greed making them do it but you can keep your plan. If you store won't help do it online, prices seem to be better anyway.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Adron is a n00b

I just wanted to point out a couple of things:

Verizon has a prorated ETF starting at $175 and dropping down $5 for every month you're with them. In your situation, you have about 7 months left, so your ETF should be either $90 or $85, and your husbands' would be about $155 or $150 (Depending on your billing cycle, etc). So it shouldn't be $400 but more along the lines of $235-$245 for both of you. So about 8 months on SERO and you'll make up the ETF and start saving money from the plan.

As for Verizon letting you upgrade, they will give you the "New Subscriber" pricing if you're at least 20 months into the contract (out of 24) on top of a $50 "New every two" credit towards a new phone.

If you are switching to SERO then also take into consideration that there are a few phones that can't be activated on the plan (currently Hero, Pre, Instinct). Also I don't think the number of local Sprint stores would help much when you're on SERO, since most things are done online or the phone through the SERO department.

Just adding/correcting some points to think on, hope it helps!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron View Post
I just wanted to point out a couple of things:

Verizon has a prorated ETF starting at $175 and dropping down $5 for every month you're with them. In your situation, you have about 7 months left, so your ETF should be either $90 or $85, and your husbands' would be about $155 or $150 (Depending on your billing cycle, etc). So it shouldn't be $400 but more along the lines of $235-$245 for both of you. So about 8 months on SERO and you'll make up the ETF and start saving money from the plan.

As for Verizon letting you upgrade, they will give you the "New Subscriber" pricing if you're at least 20 months into the contract (out of 24) on top of a $50 "New every two" credit towards a new phone.

If you are switching to SERO then also take into consideration that there are a few phones that can't be activated on the plan (currently Hero, Pre, Instinct). Also I don't think the number of local Sprint stores would help much when you're on SERO, since most things are done online or the phone through the SERO department.

Just adding/correcting some points to think on, hope it helps!
Actually, my contract is still with Alltel so I will still be paying $200 per line. At least that's what I've been told.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it can vary by state, but all carriers are supposed to prorate the EFT.

also I wanted to point out that you should check that sprint store in your town and make sure it's a repair center, or how far the nearest one is.

also if verizon forces you to a new plan that's a free out to your contract.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If the one here isn't Cassith then the one in Wichita is a repair center.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

My sister is with Sprint and she basically gets anything she wants everytime she goes in there. So hopefully I will have the same luck ? As a matter of fact, she went in there yesterday to say her really old(out of warranty) samsung instinct was freezing up. The guy just said, "Your screen is really scratched up, I'm gonna order you a new one." She got it for free- didn't go through insurance or anything.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

i would try try try to work the angle of them breaching contract, selling your contract isnt cool.... just dont give up, if they say no try someone else, keep workin it....
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

btw, that is sprint HQ territory

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion